Cinemax for $6.50?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
So I was just browsing Directv's website and noticed they are offering Cinemax for $6.50. So what is the deal, is this for 3 months? I ask because unless I missed it, I do not see anything about 3 months only trial. I guess by chance if this is not a trial price, then they must be hurting for customers to purchase the premium channels.

So I was just browsing Directv's website and noticed they are offering Cinemax for $6.50. So what is the deal, is this for 3 months? I ask because unless I missed it, I do not see anything about 3 months only trial. I guess by chance if this is not a trial price, then they must be hurting for customers to purchase the premium channels.

Dish has been running a half off deal,any premium half price for 6 mos.I assumed it was exclusive to Dish,looks like that may not be the case.

Dish has been running a half off deal,any premium half price for 6 mos.I assumed it was exclusive to Dish,looks like that may not be the case.
Yeah, I was checking it out on my account and it is not showing a time frame such as 3-6 months.

I was just looking at thier website and could not find the offer, I currently have Cinemax, was thinking I may be able to get it for 1/2 price, but it doesn't show for me ...

Where were you finding it at ?

I was just looking at thier website and could not find the offer, I currently have Cinemax, was thinking I may be able to get it for 1/2 price, but it doesn't show for me ...

Where were you finding it at ?
I found it when I went under my account/programming. It most likely is for people who do not have Cinemax, but like I said it does not specify the duration either. I would think there would be a time frame for the offer, since of course it would not be fair for me to get it at a steady half price and people who currently have it pay full price. Looks like Directv needs to be more specific when they post these offers.

I did it and it billed me 12.99. Was told by cust. service that it takes 6-8 weeks to get the half off credits on your bill. I know it says that on the website for the 2 For 1 3 month specials like HBO Cinemax, but it didn't say that on this offer.

I sent an email to CS today on it. They told me the credit was for 6 months and I have it in writing in the response email

what email address did you send to CS.. I am interested in a discount on that package or other packages thanks.

I just used the info in the OP to see if I qualified on the website. When I clicked activate it said it was a 3 month promo and I figured what the heck and confirmed the activation. LIke mentioned in thread, credit did not appear on account so I emailed CS from the contact page on directv website and the reply I received was the promo was active on my account and that I would receive 6 months of the promo price and credits.

Called back in today and asked what other promos I qualify for...

Basically cinemax showtime starz and sports are all half off for 6 months right now. Just have to call in and ask. Also the save more credit applies and does further discounts... I grabbed showtime and ended up with cinemax and showtime for $9 and some change per month for 6 months

Called back in today and asked what other promos I qualify for...

Basically cinemax showtime starz and sports are all half off for 6 months right now. Just have to call in and ask. Also the save more credit applies and does further discounts... I grabbed showtime and ended up with cinemax and showtime for $9 and some change per month for 6 months
So I take it in the end, you were able to avoid paying the first month or 2 @full price for Cinemax and got the discount up front?

So I take it in the end, you were able to avoid paying the first month or 2 @full price for Cinemax and got the discount up front?

For some reason I am not following your question.

First I got cinemax for $6.50 a month, then I got showtime for $6.50 a month, but due to the weird watch more save more discount I ended up with both for $9.xx a month for the next 6 months.

For some reason I am not following your question.

First I got cinemax for $6.50 a month, then I got showtime for $6.50 a month, but due to the weird watch more save more discount I ended up with both for $9.xx a month for the next 6 months.
I mean did you have to wait for the discount to kick in and pay full price for a month or 2 at first?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)