Class Action Suit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bikerchik52

Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
VA
I,like alot of you have been an nps customer for 8-10 yrs and am not happy w/this mess.I still have some credit w/them and am not gonna settle for the dish set up that they are trying to sell me on.I just wonder why there cannot be something done @this w/either the FTC or BBB.I had renewed my annual sub w/them 12-09 and there was no prob taking my $ then.I have paid for programming that I will not get.

Good luck getting anywhere with NPS. They planned out there dirty game very well. I would bet there is something in their terms and conditions that cover what they are pulling. I feel cheated too, but closed my relationship with NPS ahead of time and burned my credit up on c band. I kept my subs at 3 month intervals for the last couple years. This payed off in the end.

Last edited:
I,like alot of you have been an nps customer for 8-10 yrs and am not happy w/this mess.I still have some credit w/them and am not gonna settle for the dish set up that they are trying to sell me on.I just wonder why there cannot be something done @this w/either the FTC or BBB.I had renewed my annual sub w/them 12-09 and there was no prob taking my $ then.I have paid for programming that I will not get.

I had around $170 credit with them that strangely disappeared. To top that they refused to sell Dish because I owned my own system. Called Dish and they had no problem. Have not received any kind of detailed invoice from NPS in well over three years.
Should have known something was up then.

Class Action Suit

C-Band subscribers have been handed a raw deal for all their loyalty as paying customers.
Employees of a company such as National Programming Service (NPS) have kept their
jobs because these customers kept buying their promissed services.

If you purchased an annual subscription in advance from NPS for the year 2010, you were
cut off in April 2010, from your Networks and given a credit for $190+. Again in October
2010, they cut you off of Satellite G3 (containing major programming such as FOX, A&E,
USA, Hallmark, Lifetime, etc.).

Having written to NPS and having called a number of times about receiving my cash back
(not including the interest owed), I was told to take their offer of a smaller dish installation,
whether I liked it or not because they would not give me back my money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This CANNOT be LEGAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My understanding is that NPS kept blaming Motorola saying that they were not providing
signals past December 2010. Customers unknowingly kept switching to these little dishes,
often paying in error to remove their BIG DISH (as much as $150).
NPS had overextended themselves financially and saw these switches
as an opportunity to get a commission of $50, from Dish Network per customer switch to
the small, little dish. When you multiply that $50 x tens of thousands of customers, that adds
up to big bucks !

Other services meanwhile, have been working diligently WITH Motorola to pick up the pieces
and provide services to Big Dish Customers, for example SKYVISION.

Does anyone know of a lawsuit, class-action or otherwise, against NPS satellite ?

From what I understand if you were to open a class action lawsuit. It would take years to collect and then after all the legal fee's and lawyers were paid you may end up with a couple bucks. NPS know this and is playing roll the dice.

NPS CEO Contact Information

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I took this off NPS's website. Those disgusted with all this and are getting financially screwed may want to voice their concerns directly to the CEO. I don't know if it will do anything, but they say the squeaky wheel get the oil.

Mike Mountford - CEO of National Programming Service, LLC.
317-558-3806 or email mike@allamericandirect.com.
[/FONT]

NPS - CEO Bull.... WASTE OF TIME

Already tried that in vain. Mr. Dumpford (Mountford) wrote back the most idiotic response possible.
This character told me that I could cancel my remaining programming at a cancellation cost to me of
an additional $25. I, therefore, would lose ALL my current programming for which I paid in advance
through 12/31/10, I would receive no credit for it (plus no interest), and I'd get to pay a $25,
cancellation fee for this privilege !!!

This JERK told me if, and ONLY if, I did the above, I could then receive a credit for Networks I lost back
in April (with no interest). I'd have lost all my remaining programming + the money !

Is this CEO on Crack ?

It has been suggested to me to notify the Attorney General and the FCC.

I love when the dirt comes out. :) And NPS's CEO is full of it. IMHO Mike Mountford purposely devised a plan to destroy c band (with the help of Charlie Ergan) And does everything in his power to piss everyone off except Dish Network. The best thing we can hope for is that he don't make his 50% quota deal he has with Ergan to convert 4DTVers to Dishnet. If he falls short he looses free access for his Sobongo channel on Dishnet and other dish resale area's he would have access to push their product in he won't get. Like I said in my other thread JUST SAY NO TO NPS! That is the best thing we can do. We have to spread the word and make sure Mountford don't make his quota. Like the late Dr Gene Scott used to say "Get on those telephones"

Last edited:
I was also taught something in my years leading to radio station ownership. The best revenge sometimes is SUCCESS. (Those who don't want you to succeed hate it when you DO!)

In the case of NPS vs. C-band, the best thing that could happen is, if each person who has the resources to do-so converts to the HITS on C-band, and with its simplicity, encourages other big-dish owners to do the same when they're fed up with cable and "pizza" by resurrecting their dishes (or, helping install new for those who don't. own yet) Granted, W-5 may not carry everything, but...if there is SUCCESS in subscriptions, the numbers speak louder than anything else. (This will also take Skyvision making sure they have receivers for us in good quantity and that SRL can maintain their choices in authorization services..... )

Let's see a show of hands here, I know of at least (3) people in my immediate circle WAITING to get on HITS, and wanting an option like C-band. And yes, I'll get them set up with it. Any similar stories? We may just have some extra numbers.....yet to be seen!

If you just want your money back and the amount is not so large then file a small claims action against NPS. What would be cool is if you could get the case heard on one of the many syndicated TV "judge shows".

I was also taught something in my years leading to radio station ownership. The best revenge sometimes is SUCCESS. (Those who don't want you to succeed hate it when you DO!)

In the case of NPS vs. C-band, the best thing that could happen is, if each person who has the resources to do-so converts to the HITS on C-band, and with its simplicity, encourages other big-dish owners to do the same when they're fed up with cable and "pizza" by resurrecting their dishes (or, helping install new for those who don't. own yet) Granted, W-5 may not carry everything, but...if there is SUCCESS in subscriptions, the numbers speak louder than anything else. (This will also take Skyvision making sure they have receivers for us in good quantity and that SRL can maintain their choices in authorization services..... )

Let's see a show of hands here, I know of at least (3) people in my immediate circle WAITING to get on HITS, and wanting an option like C-band. And yes, I'll get them set up with it. Any similar stories? We may just have some extra numbers.....yet to be seen!

I could sub to HITS again and may depending on what happens. Im married to DirecTv right now though. A year ago I put up a 6 foot dish and a DSR 410 system for a client (still up and running) I have also told others about it. I'm doing my part :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts