12 ft Paraclipse Classic Polar T Antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What! No mention of dynamite? After all that dedication, I'm amazed you didn't think of blowing things up.

I'm disapointed, young man! LOL.

Well the system worked for a while, until the Monster Motor 24 inch actuator (1 5/8 inch diameter) got a little gust of wind! Even though it was listed for up to 12 foot dish, the clamp on the actuator could not hold the actuator and prevent it from slipping (even with rubber in the clamp). Back to full size (2 inch diameter) actuators.

Broken Actuator 1.5 in DSC_5193.jpg

Well the system worked for a while, until the Monster Motor 24 inch actuator (1 5/8 inch diameter) got a little gust of wind! Even though it was listed for up to 12 foot dish, the clamp on the actuator could not hold the actuator and prevent it from slipping (even with rubber in the clamp). Back to full size (2 inch diameter) actuators.

View attachment 92357
That's not looking good! :eek:

That's not looking good! :eek:

The inability of the clamp to hold, no matter how tightly bolted down or with rubber lining, was the major contributor to the failure. At least now I know why Paraclipse added a safety cable to later production units. Wish I knew the dimensions of it and I would make one for mine. It looks like it keeps the dish from flopping even if the actuator clamp slips! Most of the import items today have absolutely no specifications for them and buyer beware is the guarantee! I actually had radiator type clamps on both sides of the actuator clamp, and that didn't help either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)