Cleaning up and mounting a BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I were going to start from scratch.
Go here and get a Linkbox 9000i receiver. They also have an eBay store.
Go here and get an Titianium ASC1 and Titianium C1-PLL or here if you prefer eBay.(Here is the shameless plug you wanted :) )
I would go to your favorite home improvement store and get some good quad shield RG-6 coax, some compression connectors, compression tool and coax strippers.
While you are there grab some shielded cable for the sensor and wire for the motor. Make sure to grab some extra connectors, because if you have never done it, you will mess up a few until you get it right.
That is basically all you will need to get started. Once you get your dish cleaned up and mounted, you can take the actuator apart and clean up that came with it.
If it is beyond repair, go here and grab a new one. Don't get the mini. The ball screw will out last us all, but costs a little more, I am not sure what your budget is.
I hope this list helps.
The actuator you mentioned is it this : Venture MA-810-24K?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using the SatelliteGuys app!

Might want to look at drop cord for the motor run. I ended up buying a 100 foot roll of three conductor for less than it would of cost two separate wires for my 100 foot run. You just don't use one of the wires in the outer shield. Your mileage may vary. Just thought I would mention it, as it might be cheaper.

The recommended actuators are the MA818-B24 or the MA-818B36.

No additional feedhorn is necessary if buying a LNBF. The "F" in LNBF indicates the the feedhorn is integrated into the product.
So I grab a LNBF for the dish, is it similar to the KU band LNB and only needs the coax to power it or are there other wires involved?

Honestly I wish there was a step by step guide or video for this, then I'd be all set, but sadly Google has failed me, to an extent... I'll just do a video when I get the stuff together, unless you guys feel it's a bad idea....

Thats a good deal for RG6 at ur local Lowes..Don`t recall such a deal here at the local Lowes stores...Just a suggestion but the compression fittings that you posted do not have orings which will help in keeping moisture out...Beldon I have had good luck with here.

About once a yr I go thru all my compression fittings for every lnb in the yard...The Beldons always look fresh when I disconnect and inspect..Majority of time if I see any corrosion it is of various brands and I just cut,resplice and put a new fitting on.

Reactions: Brandon Currin
So I bought the diahpointer.com app for my phone ( most expensive app I've ever bought) there are a lot of Sats, what are the main ones I should be looking into for C-BAND?

Your line of sight, with no trees, buildings, etc,should be around 30W to 137-139W. Having said that,I would start by focusing on 87W to 107W. The ones I personally watch a lot are 97,99,101,103, and 105W.

Reactions: Brandon Currin
Your line of sight, with no trees, buildings, etc,should be around 30W to 137-139W. Having said that,I would start by focusing on 87W to 107W. The ones I personally watch a lot are 97,99,101,103, and 105W.
Wish this app could just tell me what I can see based on my GPS and view, but that aside is there a reason I'd only see that arc if Sats? Is it because of my location or that's just the arc with C-band?

Thats a good deal for RG6 at ur local Lowes..Don`t recall such a deal here at the local Lowes stores...Just a suggestion but the compression fittings that you posted do not have orings which will help in keeping moisture out...Beldon I have had good luck with here.

About once a yr I go thru all my compression fittings for every lnb in the yard...The Beldons always look fresh when I disconnect and inspect..Majority of time if I see any corrosion it is of various brands and I just cut,resplice and put a new fitting on.
Appreciate it, I wasn't considering them, just making sure that I found the right ones in general, I'll make sure to get some of what you suggested. Appreciate the first hand knowledge

Welcome Brandon Currin.

Sensor wire- 2 wires plus shield, 18-22 gauge stranded. Available at Home Depot, marketed as alarm wire!

Which would you recommend is best?
1475547203736.jpg

1475547214239.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.