Cleveland and Columbus ohio locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, THATS stupid, whats the purpose of getting a SVd channel if you can't watch it in HD like the rest of your programming, thats like offering you the channel and then penalizing you for having it.

Exactly. Where I live, there is an ABC station (WTVD Durham) licensed to a city about 35 miles away. It comes in very well OTA, despite being VHF. There is another ABC station licensed to a city about 55 miles away (WXLV Winston-Salem). There is a third ABC affiliate about 75 miles north of me (WSET Lynchburg). Which two do you think I get on Directv? Somehow my "local" station is not the one I get all the time OTA. I do see blips of the other two, but not regularly, especially WSET. Same deal with NBC, as I posted the other day. It's just dumb.

Iirc, SV are not allowed to be HD unless there is no local channel with the same network affiliation.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
not necessarily. When I "moved" to North Mankato, MN I was still in the Minneapolis market but got Mankato's KEYC 12 CBS (the only station in the market). I got it in HD (Mpls has WCCO CBS)

I know there is a county in TN that gets both Jackson (legit) and Memphis (SV) in HD. Gpollack87 (captain Fearnet) was looking at that when he was considering Directv

I thought the local needed to be in HD before you can import the SV in HD
correct.

I know with Dish when they use SV to fill in missing networks the locals have to be in HD before they can import the others in HD
On Directv the only market this applies to is Zanesville. WHIZ is in SD so the Columbus imported stations are in SD only

not necessarily. When I "moved" to North Mankato, MN I was still in the Minneapolis market but got Mankato's KEYC 12 CBS (the only station in the market). I got it in HD (Mpls has WCCO CBS)

I know there is a county in TN that gets both Jackson (legit) and Memphis (SV) in HD. Gpollack87 (captain Fearnet) was looking at that when he was considering Directv

The area around Martinsville and Danville, VA gets their DMA, Roanoke, locals in HD and some Greensboro, NC locals in HD. We don't get the SV Roanoke, VA locals in HD. Areas of the Raleigh DMA that get Greensboro local SV are hit or miss... Orange county (Chapel Hill) gets a couple Greensboro channels in SD but Chatham County (Siler City/Pittsboro) gets the same SV Greensboro locals in HD. Explain that!

So no area gets both Cleveland and columbus locals ?

No area will have all of both. Check on the Directv website. I use the guide and just change the zip code there. Plug in zip codes along the DMA border lines. It could also change what teams you get on RSN channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts