Cleveland - WJWDT

jvadas

Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Newton Falls, OH
I live in Newton Falls, OH (44444). I am having problems pulling in Fox8-HD(WJW). I built a home made antenna(8 bay UHF) to watch the superbowl. With my Winegard 8275 pre-amp my signal was at 85%. Weeks after the superbowl, I noticed my that my signal was dropping a little day by day until it reached zero. Since then I have add a new antenna (winegard 8200u) and added new coa:mad:rg6 about 100 feet) and I can not WJW at all. I can get all of the other Cleveland stations except WJW. I know that WJW is currently broadcasting on channel 31. Are they putting out less power than before? Is there anything that I can do to try and pull in this station? Thanks

Wjs

I live in Newton Falls, OH (44444). I am having problems pulling in Fox8-HD(WJW). I built a home made antenna(8 bay UHF) to watch the superbowl. ... Are they putting out less power than before? Is there anything that I can do to try and pull in this station? Thanks

Comes in OTA as before for me in Akron.

JVADAS are you using a rotor on your present setup, if not I was wondering scince your aimed at Cleveland how do the locals come in like WKBN, WFMJ, WNEO, and what the heck WYTV.

Yes I have a rotor. Channel Master 9521. When I have my 8200u pointed toward Cleveland, Wfmj at 90%, Wkbn at 95% and WYTV at 60%

The other night I was playing around and tuner 1 of my directv bo:mad:hr20-700) read 90% for WJW. I went to the channel and it gave me the searching for signal.

JVADAS are you using a rotor on your present setup, if not I was wondering scince your aimed at Cleveland how do the locals come in like WKBN, WFMJ, WNEO, and what the heck WYTV.

Thats perfect, I'm surprised your getting WYTV on the back side I cant get any signal at all from them and yet I get channel 5 from cleveland in great. About how many channels do you get. Right now I get 19 with an omnidirectional antenna.

Here are the stations I get from zip 44444 using a Winegard 8200u, winegard 8275 pre amp, and a channel Master 9521 Rotot.

WFMJ-DT21.1
WKBN-DT27.1
WYTV-DT
WNEO-DT
WKYC-DT3.1&3.2
WEAO-DT50.1
WEWS-DT5.1
WNIO-DT19.1&19.2

Plus a lot of others that i took out of my guide. Stations that I will not watch.....

I'm not that far from him actually a couple miles and I get it fine, 6 out of 10 bars on my signal meter with a so so antenna. You said you added an antenna do you have two connected at once?

No I just have the 8200u. My signal meters jump all over the place. They always have, did not matter what antenna I had hooked up or anything. I have all new coax installed also cause I thought that might be the problem.

Like I said before I did receive WJW via a home made 4228, but the signal just faded away to nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)