CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
In a good article;
At one time it would have been unthinkable to let CNN drop from the lineup. Turner has to decide how long they can let a carrier go without. If there are no real sub loses Turner will face more push back from other carriers. (The link predicts no sub loss) Some other tidbits like DISH possibly not negotiating on an up coming contract with CBS.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/dish-network-time-warner-turner-channels-dropped-856764/

Hahaha with CNN gone I've resorted to FOX Newa. This upcoming election now has me voting for the side that Fox is on instead of the side that CNN is on. Actually the only thing I care about is Cartoon Network. Famil Guy reruns when there's more than 57 channels and nothing on. Oh and Bar Rescue on Tru tv. But all these can be viewed online since they're usually repeats. I think Turner should pay Dish too carry CNN and HLN.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I am for leaving them off and lowering our bills a bit; maybe a quarter heck I would settle for a dime. I do not have a single one of those channels in my list of favorite channels that I see and watch.
Except DISH wouldn't drop our bills by not adding the channels back. The price would stay just as high as it is today. But it might mean less to pay in next February's annual Price Hike/extortion.

imo I would definitely want CNN removed in favor of adding
AL Jazeera America in HD and remove HLN and MSNBC too
and if I could have it my way remove Fox News and just put news updates from apps or some type of news information channel that updates itself every 10-20 minutes or so.

I wouldn't pay squat for CNN either, their ratings suck so no one must be watching it
The last time Dish and Turner had their catfight, Turner wanted a 40% increase in their per sub rate. Charlie countered with "how can a company ask for a 40% increase when their viewership is down 30% from the beginning of the current deal?"

I don't watch any of the news/propaganda channels anymore, CNN, MSNBC or FNC. My son has gotten me to watch BBC World News though. And it is a great experience.

Reactions: ncted
They first offered $5 off for 3 months then a one time $15 credit then they said the best they could do is $10 off for 2 months so I had to take it. That is what happens when you are under contract. I will remember that when the contract is up.

If they remove TBS and TNT then I wonder if you can get another credit? Those are pretty big channels to go down, would be a pretty big deal at that point.

I watch news on Roku also RT, Sky News, CNN International, Euro news, France24, Aljazeera English, BBC, CNBC Europe All from Nowhere TV app.

TBS and TNT are under a seperate agreement with turner. They're not part of the dispute.
In the thread earlier it was mentioned that TBS and TNT contract ends in two weeks. They could be at risk as well and they may end up wanting a big increase for those too and try to tie that into the agreement for the current dropped channels take all or none policy that some of these companies have.

$5 off for 6 months as well here. Better than nothing, but they ( Dish & the programmers ) need to stop jerking around the people who provide the $.

I watch news on Roku also RT, Sky News, CNN International, Euro news, France24, Aljazeera English, BBC, CNBC Europe All from Nowhere TV app.

Yeah, I have a Roku and tried their news and still prefer CNN for breaking/live coverage.

And what? You don't watch Russia Today? LOL

Hahaha with CNN gone I've resorted to FOX Newa. This upcoming election now has me voting for the side
that Fox is on instead of the side that CNN is on. Actually the only thing I care about is Cartoon Network. Famil Guy reruns when there's more than 57 channels and nothing on. Oh and Bar Rescue on Tru tv. But all these can be viewed online since they're usually repeats. I think Turner should pay Dish too carry CNN and HLN.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If Netflix is an option you can watch family guy reruns streaming from their application. Also Bar Rescue airs on SpikeTV, not TruTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)