Coax/ wire

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dl76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
South Carolina
Ok guys. I got 3.5 inch post in ground. It has to set for a few weeks to let concrete cure and settle. Before i put up my 7.5 unimesh. I have access to rg 6 coax. what i dont have is the acuator wire. I am assuming i can use a certain guage wire from lowes. It will only be a 30 to 40 foot run. From dish to room its going to be in. What guage wire do i need for actuator ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The cement only needs about 4-5 days at most to be plenty hard enough to set up the dish. As for the actuator motor, any good 14 gauge will work fine for that distance for the motor voltage. You could go up to a 12 gauge if you'd rather. Get a good rubber coated one. You need a shielded wire, double conductor, and about 16 or 18 gauge for the sensor wire. Security alarm wire will work fine, or a good microphone wire.

Reactions: fred555 and dl76
I plan on running it in conduit. That way if i have to run it again . I can just . Pull it. Im an electrican by trade..

You guys recomend solid wire or stranded wire? For actuator? Was at lowes today and can get it from 29 cent a foot up to 59 cent a foot . Depending on guage..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)