CODE for SONY AMP STR-DA5300ES

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oiltrain

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Does any one have a Sony STR-DA5300ES Amp in their home system? I need a Dish remote code to operate the Sony Amp with the Dish remote. I have enetered all Dish codes I can find but no luck ! I have a Dish 622 HD receiver hooked to this amp. Must say using the amp and running the Dish receiver into the AMP with HDMI and out via HDMI to the Sony TV I have gives very good picture!:)

I have both units, but not connected together. Agreed on the PQ, tho' I haven't tried the SD picture upconversion comparison yet. (I have a 52" XBR Bravia connected to my Sony receiver and a ViP211, all via HDMI only. The 622 is in another system.) I'll look to see if I can come up with a code for the 211; that might also work with the 622. Have you tried Dish Tech Support?

I have not talked to Tech Support. Will try that...I have a Sony 55IN WEGA, the upconversion thru the Amp definitely improved the picture. I can power on off the TV with the DISH remote but can not do sam for the AMP. Will keep trying.Thanks for the info.:)

If the device is newer than the remote, there is a good chance you can't get a code unless Sony chooses to keep the old codes on the new box.

I ran into this when I tried to hook up a Denon to an older 508. None of the Denon codes worked on the 508's remote. However, I was able to successfully control it with a code on my 622's remote. However, the 622 and 508 used different codes for the sat receiver, so I couldn't just use a 622 remote. The solution was to go buy a remote for a 625 from ebay. The sat codes were the same, and the newer design included the newer codes for the Denon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)