Codes for Directivo reversible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

butchd5

Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
I know you can program the remote to do a 30 second skip (sorry- don't recall the code right now). Is the code reversible or are you "stuck" with the 30 second skip even if you want to go back to the button's original function? If so, how do you reverse it? Also, are any of the other codes revesible? Thanks

butchd5 said:
I know you can program the remote to do a 30 second skip (sorry- don't recall the code right now). Is the code reversible or are you "stuck" with the 30 second skip even if you want to go back to the button's original function? If so, how do you reverse it? Also, are any of the other codes revesible? Thanks

I do know that if you reboot the box all the codes that you entered are cleared and your back to operating like they weren't there. I also think that if you enter the codes again it will toggle the change back off.

Thanks- and that brings up another question. If you reboot, do you lose all your future recording setups and have to put them in again?

butchd5 said:
Thanks- and that brings up another question. If you reboot, do you lose all your future recording setups and have to put them in again?

No, those do not get reset, they will be just like before the reboot.

just curious (at work and cant try it now)... will select/play/select/15/select give a 15 second skip?

Just curious... I've used that code before, but it seems like everytime my directivo makes a call home or gets a s/w update I have to enter it again.... Is that normal?
Thanks.

cr0mag said:
Just curious... I've used that code before, but it seems like everytime my directivo makes a call home or gets a s/w update I have to enter it again.... Is that normal?
Thanks.
A call home won't/shouldn't reset it, a software upgrade that requires a reboot would.

Do this in the now playing and it brings up the sort option:
(S)low,(0)zero,(R)ecord,(T)humbs up

Select,Play,Select,9,Select turns on the clock in the bottom right corner.Do it again and go to Tivo central and back and it's gone.

riggscm said:
bsic, the code just set the behavior of the ->| button, so I think that you could set the time to what ever you like
No, the ->| button is ONLY programmable with the 30 second skip. No other time is able to be programed as the "S-P-S-3-0-S" code is simple a toggle for a feature, not programming the button with a set time.

Which button are you referring to? I'm not at my machine but I can't figure out which button you are saying it works for???

tomnc said:
Which button are you referring to? I'm not at my machine but I can't figure out which button you are saying it works for???
The "Skip To Live" button (though it doesn't say that...it looks like an arrow with a single bar, hence " ->| ". It's just below the fast forward button.

In the manual it is probably referenced as the Skip to End button, which is its normal action. While in FF or REW it acts as a Skip to Tick button. Which is still its function with the 30s skip enabled.

geneb11 said:
Do this in the now playing and it brings up the sort option:
(S)low,(0)zero,(R)ecord,(T)humbs up

Select,Play,Select,9,Select turns on the clock in the bottom right corner.Do it again and go to Tivo central and back and it's gone.

This is my personal favorite code. I have 3 that I use including 30 second skip. I upgraded my DVR to 157 hours and having the sort by title is a great option when you have a LOT of programs in your now playing list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)