Colby DVD player code for DTV remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Hi. I have an RC64 remote from DTV. (the standard white ones)

I have a Coby DVD-224 dvd player. What code do I need to get it to work my the AV mode of my DTV remote?

I tried the 6 or so codes in the remotes book, but only one of which worked, and it only controls the power. The rest of the buttons do not work like play/stop or the arrow keys or number keys. For example, the number 3 key ejects the disk, and the left arrow brings up the setup menu and the select key move the cursor up.

I tried the auto code search and got the same results.

Does anyone have a manual code I can input that will work? Do I maybe need to use a code from a different brand?

I think there was a database somewhere that contained all of the available codes (some of which DTV never prints in their books.) Maybe that database if anyone know if it is still around would have a code that will work.

Thanks!
Scott

Colby, like Apex scrambles the keypad between models, play on one model maybe power on another. There is NO way to keep up with them, and no one should have to.

You can do a search by play command, with player on and the draw ejected try the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1
4. press 2
5. press and release PLAY key
6. point the remote at the dvd player and keep pressing & releasing CH UP key, if and when the draw closes an starts playing
7. press SELECT to lock in code

Colby, like Apex scrambles the keypad between models, play on one model maybe power on another. There is NO way to keep up with them, and no one should have to.

You can do a search by play command, with player on and the draw ejected try the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1
4. press 2
5. press and release PLAY key
6. point the remote at the dvd player and keep pressing & releasing CH UP key, if and when the draw closes an starts playing
7. press SELECT to lock in code

Thanks, I tried doing that with the play button instead and got close, but play ended up turning it off, and the other keys were worse.

Looks like it just isn't compatible.

If I do get it to full work, i'll report back with a code for anyone else looking for a solution for this model - but I think at this point there is nothing else that can be done.

Thanks for everyones help!

Well, you shouldn't have quit the codesearch until the disk draw closed, if turns off, put down the white remote, use the oem remote to power the player back on, and keep going on with search.

Well, you shouldn't have quit the codesearch until the disk draw closed, if turns off, put down the white remote, use the oem remote to power the player back on, and keep going on with search.

Correct, and I didn't quit it, I kept on going - and even tried going though all the codes multiple times.

I had to use the oem remote many times as it DTV remote would wither turn it off or bring up menu that I couldn't clear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)