Columbus HD locals hard date & tech question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

landlocked

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Columbus, OH
Does anyone know if a hard date to go live for HD locals has been given? I know we're "April" -- but that leaves a lot of days to wake up and check!

Also, when I got my AT9 last month, the tech told me that one of the birds wouldn't show up as "properly installed" because the bird isn't live yet. Sure enough, I re-ran the dish setup process last night and I got the warning about one of the additional two heads not working properly.

tech question

I'm sorry -- my question was if the bird should at least be sending out a "hey, I'm here -- so tune me in at least" signal until content is brought online. I would think my H20 would pick up both new birds if they are already active in other markets.

They are spot beamed so until your DMA is hot you won't see anything. Unless they have a test or barker channel up there.

That is interesting seeing as Indianapolis is supposed to be in April too. Guess the installers will be very busy in the month of April.

The 99 sat hasn't even been turned over to Directv yet from what I've seen. It's not broadcasting anything at all.

charper1 said:
They are spot beamed so until your DMA is hot you won't see anything. Unless they have a test or barker channel up there.
In the Nashville area,there are 5 test channels showing up on the H20 guide,channels 490-494.Ch. 490 reads:Test 1 SAT A (101) Odd Txp 13V.Ch. 491 reads:Test 2 SAT A (101) Even Txp 18V.Ch. 492 reads:Test 3 SAT B (119) Odd Txp 13V.Ch.493 reads:Test 4 SAT B (119) Even Txp 18V.Ch. 494 reads:Test 5 SAT C (110) Even Txp 18V.Thought I would share this info in regards to test channels showing up on the channel guide.

Those have always been there for the PhaseIII install/test. We are referring to ones for the new Spaceway 1 & 2 (102.8°W & 99.2°W).

I just got an AT9 installed. My DMA is not up yet. On 103, my H20 shows 4 transponders active. I get a signal of 87 on one transponter, and 0 on all of the others. Does this sound right? I have been wondering if the dish is aimed correctly.

You are near the San Fransisco DMA which is online on that satellite and likely giving you your signal reading thanks to overlap. The others are spot beamed elsewhere or not online thus a zero. You are in the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto @ DMA #19, so you should be on next & soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)