Columbus OH locals in Erie PA?

bigjotto316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Now that baseball season is approaching I am thinking of "moving" to the Columbus OH DMA in order to recieve Fox Sports Cincinnati. Without us E* subscribers not getting MLB Extra Innings or the MLB Network I need to get my Reds fix this season (I refuse to pay $100 for choppy internet streams that I can only watch on my computer). Now my question is in the Erie PA area, will I be able to recieve the Columbus local channels by "moving" now that Ciel II has launched? According to Dish User Columbus is on the 129 satellite, however I am not sure which transponder I would have to check in order to ensure I would get these channels. Also what about Fox Sports Cincinnati? Which Transponder would this channel be on for both the SD and HD version of this channel. I can see the 129 satellite so I am hoping that I would be able to get those Columbus locals. Thanks so much for all your help!

columbus locals already spot on ceil 2 129 check uplink reports
but fox sports cincinatti i would image would stay conua available to all of us
so use antenna for erie locals move to columbus ansd you should get fox so\ports cincinatti and maybe sportstime ohio as well
then youll see columbus locals in your guide but they wont work due to spotbeam

so use antenna for erie locals move to columbus ansd you should get fox so\ports cincinatti and maybe sportstime ohio as well

Yep- our HD locals are coming soon.

What about Cleveland? I should be able to move to Cleveland from Erie for their locals?

Cleveland is as far east as the HD spot goes on 61.5 (found out the hard way). The Cleveland sd spot covers from sw ohio to Rochester (where I am) so I got them in but not the HD channels.

If they ever get around to mirroring the HD locals for Cleveland onto 129 then I would just move there. I "moved" to Sandusky zip code last year and got the Indians and Reds and also the Tigers with Sports Pack. Hopefully they will mirror or move them this week onto Ceil 2 so that they will be on 129.

If they ever get around to mirroring the HD locals for Cleveland onto 129 then I would just move there. I "moved" to Sandusky zip code last year and got the Indians and Reds and also the Tigers with Sports Pack. Hopefully they will mirror or move them this week onto Ceil 2 so that they will be on 129.

Hopefully this week they'll be on 129. When they went HD, I had no legitimate reason to have a wing dish to get them. I can wait.

Is it possible I would be in the columbus spot beam? I have the 129.

Keep watching the uplink reports.. things are happening fast. The spotbeams link to maps in the reports.

Well I did see that Columbus locals have been put on Ciel II..the uplink reports it as being on satellite 129 with transponder 4. I do have a signal when checking satellite 129 transponder 4...does this mean that I am within the spotbeam? I do not see any link to look at the Columbus OH spotbeam.........

Check the report again... I reposted it with the links.

Thanks very much digi...from the spotbeam map posted for Columbus I can see that I am well within Columbus' spotbeam in Erie PA...I am even in the HD region for when Columbus gets their HD Locals added. Thanks so much again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts