Comcast Sports Net Chicago – Blacked Out In Chicago

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I am in the Chicago area. My local RSN is Comcast Sports Net Chicago -#665

The Channel is blacked out. “White Sox @ Indians are blacked out on this channel".

I have had Directv for 5 years. This is the first time that a have received a black out message on Comcast Sports Net Chicago.

The game is not on ESPN or any other channel.

I called Directv. They said they do not control Sports Blackouts. Not their problem.

I am waiting a call back from Comcast Sports Net Chicago.

Does anyone know why the game is blacked out in the Chciago area on Directv?

Game is now on. Got a call back from Comcast Sports Net Chicago. I was told that they called Directv to tell them they were blacking out the game in error. A Directv mistake. Directv blames someone else. Business as usual

Not sure if I'm just stating the obvious, but did you try to see if it's on other channels? I don't watch baseball, but I know that happens time to time with Blackhawks games when it's on VS and CSN. Just a thought.

As I stated in the first post - The games was not on ESPN or any other channel. The game was on CSN Chicago. That is my local RSN. The game should not have been blacked out. Comcast Sports Net Chicago called Directv and told them that They should not black out the Chicago White Sox on Comcast Sports Net Chicago for customers in the Chicago market. Directv realized they were wrong in blacking out the game. That is why the game is now on CSN Chicago in the Chicago area.

It is also on 725-1 which is the EI channel. Since it is in free preview, it might not have been blacked out and you wouldn't have missed the 12 run route during the first 4 innings ;)

S~

It was blacked out on 725-1 ( in the Chicago area ). In your area ( California ) it was not blacked out. The problem was Directv blacked out CSN Chicago in the Chicago area. 725-1 is the CSN Chicago broadcast. Therefore, 725-1 was blacked out in CHicago. Directv has lifted the Chicago area blackout. Now the game in the Chicago area is on 665 and 725-1.

Sorry for wasting your time, I missed that part.

No problem.

I am just a little pissed that Directv blacked out a Chicago game for the customers in the Chicago area. I wish Directv would " Sorry about that - we will fix it as soon as we can". That would be OK. Instead they blame CSN Chicago.

Was blacked out then got fix and now re blacked out.

I called and they said a local channel can black out a RSN. But THERE ARE 2 Baseball teams in Chicago today CUBS on WGN and SOX on CSN next day CUBS on CSN SOX on WGN.

After the game was re-blacked out I called Directv. They said it is a known problem and they are working to fix it. While I was on the phone with Directv the game returned to channel 665.

I am no longer angry. It has got to the point were the whole thing is funny. Like Directv is playing an April Fool's joke. But, I hope they do not mess with the Blackhawk game tonight.

talking about the hawks what was the plan with the sox went long and they where still playing then the hawks started? CSN + has the bulls on.

more the hawks or sox to CSN + 2 (but I don't think they can trun that on that fast)

About 3 years ago they tried to say some BS way in why the cubs where not showing in HD on csn + HD was in the guide.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts