Comet TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I enjoy watching Comet tv on WSMH 66.3 in mid-Michigan, but they still haven't fixed the aspect ratio issue that's been there since day 1. The picture is scrunched tighter than a normal 4x3 should be, with the black sides (on 4x3 stuff) I can use the aspect ratio key and set it to FULL, and then it's correct. IF there's a 16x9 commercial that comes on, that's in the perfect aspect ratio!

I just can't understand why they don't fix it. Apparently NOBODY that works there watches their own programming.

I enjoy watching Comet tv on WSMH 66.3 in mid-Michigan, but they still haven't fixed the aspect ratio issue that's been there since day 1. The picture is scrunched tighter than a normal 4x3 should be, with the black sides (on 4x3 stuff) I can use the aspect ratio key and set it to FULL, and then it's correct. IF there's a 16x9 commercial that comes on, that's in the perfect aspect ratio!.
bummer
shows 16:9 for everything here in Minneapolis on WUCW-DT2

You can remove the (soon) off WNOL 38.3 Comet Programming is on. Yes I caught the channel after rescanning Saturday....Also remove the (soon) off WGNO 26.3 Escape it's programming is on also....
cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after that great marathon last weekend, the old timey version of The Outer Limits was on again today, two one hour episodes starting at 11 AM Eastern time. I hope this is going to be regular programming now.

I enjoy watching Comet tv on WSMH 66.3 in mid-Michigan, but they still haven't fixed the aspect ratio issue that's been there since day 1. The picture is scrunched tighter than a normal 4x3 should be, with the black sides (on 4x3 stuff) I can use the aspect ratio key and set it to FULL, and then it's correct. IF there's a 16x9 commercial that comes on, that's in the perfect aspect ratio!

I just can't understand why they don't fix it. Apparently NOBODY that works there watches their own programming.

I complained direct to COMET this time through the "comments" link on their web page about the WSMH 66.3 aspect mode. I got a reply yesterday saying they'd contact WSMH about it.

Well, they FINALLY fixed it! It now shows the proper aspect ratio as it should, with 4x3 and 16x9 material.

Reactions: fred555
Is the network feed for GetTV 16x9 or at times are there black bars on all sides?
There are black bars on both left and right side on Comet on firestick.Please,do not tell me to go display and calibrate it.Tried that,several times,already.As a experiment I tried watching Comet live on my phones and i pad.Black bars as well.I think it must therefore be the format,they are broadcasting in?

There are black bars on both left and right side on Comet on firestick.Please,do not tell me to go display and calibrate it.Tried that,several times,already.As a experiment I tried watching Comet live on my phones and i pad.Black bars as well.I think it must therefore be the format,they are broadcasting in?
He's not likely to tell you anything, because he hasn't posted in 7 years. This is an ancient thread...

Reactions: DS0816 and TheKrell

It is normal. The content of that particular broadcast is 4:3 ratio not widescreen hence the black bars on the left and right to fill the rest of the screen. They could have filled the entire screen by chopping the top and bottom of the picture off or by stretching it out but chose to air it in it's original format. ;)

P.S. Welcome!

It is normal. The content of that particular broadcast is 4:3 ratio not widescreen hence the black bars on the left and right to fill the rest of the screen. They could have filled the entire screen by chopping the top and bottom of the picture off or by stretching it out but chose to air it in it's original format. ;)

P.S. Welcome!
Nothing worse than "stretch-o-vision". I'd much rather have the black bars, and original aspect ratio

It is normal. The content of that particular broadcast is 4:3 ratio not widescreen hence the black bars on the left and right to fill the rest of the screen. They could have filled the entire screen by chopping the top and bottom of the picture of or by stretching it out but chose to air it in it's orignal format. ;)
Nothing worse than "stretch-o-vision". I'd much rather have the black bars, and original aspect ratio

Absolutely!