Coming Soon: The DISH Sling Adapter!

1. The iPhone app is free. They made it part of the Dish Remote Access app.
2. When you purchase an app you can use it on all your iOS devices. I have the SlingPlayer I bought when I got the 922 (which DISH refunded the cost of to my account) on both my iPad and iPhone and I paid only once. But also notice that they don't even mention the SlingPlayer app so the for-pay-mobile app isn't technically an option.
3. The native iPad DISH Remote Access app is also free and will probably get updated include streaming.

I know the Slingplayer app isn't needed for the 922 or the 700U but it's still needed for the standalone slingboxes, right? Like I said I'd rather use my 222 Tuner 1 than either of my 722 tuners since the 222 really doesn't get used at all. I thought the 222 was just a 722 without the DVR...so why won't Dish allow the Sling adapter to work with it?

I had intended to eventually get a 922 and use the Slingbox 700U they are supposed to release. Sling Media - Slingbox 700U. I use my 622 in single mode currently and have been using a Sony Bravia Wireless Link to stream my 622 from the den to my bedroom. I've been pleased enough with it, but I don't think I can stream it to a third room with a 2nd Bravia Link, so was hoping that a slingloaded 922 with the 700U would allow me to wirelessly stream my one E* receiver to another room in single mode.

I live alone, so single mode is fine with me...I just want my one receiver (be it a 622, 722k, 922) to display to two additional locations. I guess in a perfect world using a 922 (or whatever the next slingloaded receiver is) with two 700Us.

According to the 700u spec as FitzAusTex linked to, to view HD with a mac a Core 2 duo at 2.8Ghz will be required? Can that be true or will Dish operate differently? My mac mini is 2.6

scott,what will tehy ever do with the sling adaptor for the 922?thank you for any reply...what about this any news on this? Sling Mutliroom Extender for the 922. This will give you TV2 in full HD from the 922

scott,what will tehy ever do with the sling adaptor for the 922?thank you for any reply...what about this any news on this? Sling Mutliroom Extender for the 922. This will give you TV2 in full HD from the 922
I dont see it beling released.

If it is it will be an update product.

I remember reading anout the time the 722 was released that it had a faster chip than the 622 ...

There is no effective difference internally between the VIP622 and VIP722 receiver. Certainly not enough to say: "Oh yeah, our new Slingbox will work with the VIP722, but NOT with the VIP622"!

The only difference, is the size of the hard-drive, and the firmware they choose to load to it. They probably are running out of VIP622's that can be repaired, and just don't want to support it much longer.

If a VIP622 can work with a standard Slingbox, it could certainly work with a "Dish" Slingbox, IF they chose to do so!

Any shock that dish is screwing this up? this linking to their stupid website is killing the killer part of the feature and turning it into a pain point. This ongoing behavior of Dish is really making me question their long term viability as a leader.

I am still trying to figure out if I want a sling adaptor or the hd pro standalone. I can get the hd pro for about $232 from newegg...or the sling adaptor for $100...it is just hard to decide...not sure if I want to run extra wires around my entertainment center...and really I am only interested in remote viewing of my vip722. Maybe if I had a 300 disk dvd player or something...then maybe I would go for the hd pro...cause I would be able to watch any of my movies I have. Is there any other reasons the HD pro would be a better choice?

According to the EKB, it's 2.0. Also Dish's QuickFacts pdf for the 622 also shows both front and back ports as USB2.0. Unfortunately I can't find a link to it other than on that other forum which shall remain nameless (but it's run by JL). And where is Smith, P. when you need him? He has taken his apart on numerous occasions just to inspect the chipset.

Last edited:
You guys may be correct. That was the only thought that popped in my head about why it wont work on the 622.

I do remember there being another DVR maybe it was the 942 where transfers to the Pocketdish were slower then the other receivers...

I am still trying to figure out if I want a sling adaptor or the hd pro standalone. I can get the hd pro for about $232 from newegg...or the sling adaptor for $100...it is just hard to decide...not sure if I want to run extra wires around my entertainment center...and really I am only interested in remote viewing of my vip722. Maybe if I had a 300 disk dvd player or something...then maybe I would go for the hd pro...cause I would be able to watch any of my movies I have. Is there any other reasons the HD pro would be a better choice?

If HD is important get the Stand alone unit, if not then sling adaptor would be fine.