Compression F Connectors w/O-Ring; Does it really make a difference?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's why you don't use them on Plenum cable. You use these:
URL]

They're designed for Plenum. The right tool for the job, my friend.

TY for the heads up on this! Usually when you're thrown into the trenches, you're either given ammo or the rifle ... I don't think I received either as it seems.

Well, in this case our faithful leaders sell us the ammo, and say we can only use the ammo they provide. Doesn't matter what you know and if you know there is better ammo for the job, you still use what they provide. Only reason is so they can make a dollar off what you buy. I am just glad my shop doesn't jack the prices up on top of that though like some of the local shops around here does.

Apparently in my locale Dish is not required to use an outside of the fitting weather seal of any kind. More often than not when disassemblig there stuff and replacing with DTV systems I find evidence of moisture related failure in their barrels/ground blocks. I seldom find that to be the case when upgrading/servicing our own when the weather seals like the ones that are pre-installed on our 6x8s/ground blocks/SWM switches are used. Here on the coast salt air wreaks havoc on the external parts of fittings exposed. Even with that where the boots are used the internal parts of the the connectors look pretty darned good vs. what they look externally and as a rule are working properly. Anytime you put salt water, electricity, and dissimilar metals together you will have corrosion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)