Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Any recommendations for an RG-59 compression tool? I need a tool for the waterproof type of compression connectors - not for the type that slides a collar onto the main connection. If it were easy, I'd replace my RG-59 with RG-6.

Unless the product info specifies exactly what types of compression connectors it'll work on I won't buy it. I have a Paladin Tools SealTite Pro but the only connector that it reliably installs are RG-6 connectors. I thought that it would do RCA for RG-6 and F-59 connectors but none of them clamp tightly around the cable. So far, I haven't found specs or tutorials on the tool that might explain why that is so. Regardless, I'm not buying any tools unless I can be certain that they will get the job done.

Many of these tools are adjustable (even some of the cheap ones) and as such, they can accommodate a wide range of connector brands, styles (F, RCA, BNC, etc.) and sizes.

This can be important as not all compression connectors have the same finished length.

It is not just the tool, but what connectors it will compress. I have a Phillips (cheapie) tool that only works on some RG6 connectors, but not all. It also works on the RG59 I have had, but like I mentioned, it depends on the connector. My tool will not work on the shorter connectors. I had to make a spacer to get it to work on the shorter connectors. (I filed out a washer to make the shorter connectors fully compress)

Reactions: beavs2112
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)