Configuring a Wireless Adapter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DWDYEM2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Hello,

I am getting really tired of reading threads and trying to configure this thing with no success at all. I wasted an entire day working on this with no luck.

I have a WGA54G Linksys wireless gaming adapter and I have a wireless network with WPA security.

Can anyone walk me through the configuration of this thing. I really have had no luck on this and I would love to start using the On-Demand functions.

Anyone willing to help out a pub supporter? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

When I run the connection test...I get

IP: OK
Sub: OK
Gateway: OK
DNS: OK
Network: Connected
Internet: Not connected to the Internet (22)

Where do I changethe password...my wireless network password isa numeric pass...

Get your adapter's instruction book or consult their website.

You likely need to connect it direct to your PC and enter all the required WEP or WPA and IP info into the adapter before you ever attempt to use it. I also suggest to setup your network to use DHCP assigned IPs not dynamic. If you have done all this already then pardon me.

I tried for a couple of hours, After it said i was connected to my network but not internet i just reset my hr21 and when it rebooted it asked me if i wanted to connect now i clicked now and it connected to internet

I tried for a couple of hours, After it said i was connected to my network but not internet i just reset my hr21 and when it rebooted it asked me if i wanted to connect now i clicked now and it connected to internet
skimma, do you have encryption on your network?

charper, I have tried everything you said in your post. I need some instruction here.

When I run the connection test...I get

IP: OK
Sub: OK
Gateway: OK
DNS: OK
Network: Connected
Internet: Not connected to the Internet (22)

I'm having the same problem.
Was there a solution for this?
I have wep set but I set the key on the device set up.

What is wrong?

Well I got it to work. sort of...

First, thanks god for this forum. I did a lot of searching and that helped me
troubleshoot the problem.

I ended up making the following changes on my router:
- broadcast SSID
- no MAC filters
- no wep

Once I did that, I reconfigured the WGA54G and it connected fine.
I can now see my other HR-22 box and all seems to work fine.
MRV looks good.

I went back to my router and made the following changes:
- No SSID broadcast... H23 still connected to network.
- MAC filtering back on. H23 still connected.

So I think I narrowed the problem down to the key for wep.
I will now see if I can get wep back on.

One note about MRV. Not sure if already discussed.

Once I got the H23 on the home network, I could not see the HR-22 box.
I assumed the box will be visible at all times.
I had to go turn on the HR-22 box and now I can see it from the H23 box.

In short, both boxes need to be on. Sorry if stating the obvious. :eek:

I can get this thing working for crap.
I setup the WGA600N on my pc i know it worked because I could use it to browse the net. Hooked it to the HR20 got the same no internet connection. Hit the reset on the HR20, same thing. The frustrating thing is the box is showing it is connected to the net. I reset the WGA and entered the exact same PW via the HR20 and no internet. WTH goes here.

My ? is anyone who has it working, if you go back into network advanced settings what's showing in your IP addresses for the default gateway? The router or game boxes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts