Confused? 118.7 F3 AMG/@Sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok folks I'm confused the KQCK, KTRG, and KWWF what affiliate if any are they? I was thinking they were AMG but it doesn't line up with the program guide for AMG....are they @Sports? Most of the stuff I googled refers to the old Equity stuff.
I was trying to get AMG TV on 97W cband and no luck there, so I thought one of these three were AMG stations, Thanks Blind

I thought they were AMG all the time, but I haven't paid them much attention.

On Wikipedia:
KQCK is listed as @Sports
KWWF is listed as Silent
KTRG is listed as a Spanish channel

AMG is a bit weird (skew? or just fussy) and weak compared to anything else on 97W C-band
The few times I've payed attention to it I had the following numbers on the Geosatpro DVR-1100c hooked up to a solid 8.5 footer:

BYU-TV is usually 70-80Q
KSCG is usually 75-90Q
AMG-TV is usually 40-55Q

Thanks for the info. I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure KTRG was english last night. Most of the info I've found was old Equity info. Looks like AMG has some half way decent shows and some movies....just a pain to get on 97W. Nothing on the six footer but the ones you mentioned. Blind

That's just what Wikipedia says. :rolleyes: I usually start my research there and move on.
Not that it's always up to date, but sometimes the different pages have interesting tidbits that I had no idea on, nor anywhere else that was talking about the same subject mentioned.

To be honest, when I watch the 3 you mention on 118, they are all the same A/V to my eyes.

From what I've watched, it looks like @sports with AMG providing filler

The 3 English networks other than KDEV which is ABC are @Sports....the same as on AMC3 C-Band :)

I cant even get AMG on the 6 footer now. I think it has to do with them at 3991 H and World Harvest next door at 4000 H overpowering it on the smaller dishes

Thanks guys, Well Ice I couldn't get it on the six footer either. The 8.5 Paraclipse isn't motorized yet so it's a pain to move back and forth for just one channel. Maybe I'll mess with it this weekend. Blind

I am interested in Univision, Telefutura and ABC on 118. I've got a 1.2m dish offset (it's going to be fixed but it's not set up yet). I was thinking of turning it into a mini bud. Would this dish be to small to get the channels I want?
I am just looking at your post Iceberg and thinking that if you have problems receiving it with a 6 footer in Minnisota, there is no chance it would work with a 1.2m in Manitoba.

Please give me your opinion.

Thanks.

I cant get AMGTV on the 6 footer. I can get these channels on 118.7 with no issues (75 quality)

so it may work with a smaller dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)