confused again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
well it don't take much to get me confused, but on my setup, i was using a qph-031 lnb for the circular & linear birds. had all the settings correct in the receiver and hooked up right to the switch, and everything worked great. then i got a universal lnb, dss lnb, and a multi bracket to do some experimenting with. i took off the qph-031, mounted the multi bracket, hooked up the 2 lnb's, changed the receiver from "single" to "universal" for the 1 lnb, left the other settings on the "circular"lnb alone, and now, i get all the sats and channels EXCEPT for the "circular" sats! i get a green Q-reading of 97 on the sats, but i can't get a picture! when i'm pointed at those sats, it says: "no audio or video". i've moved that lnb up, down, left, right, and get a great q-reading, but no picture! did i forget something??

so you replaced the QPH with 2 LNB's?

if so, what are you using to combinre them? a Diseqc switch is what you would need. If you are using a 22k switch it wont work as the Universal uses the 22k

so you replaced the QPH with 2 LNB's?

yes, i took off the qph-031 and hooked up a universal and a circular lnb.

if so, what are you using to combinre them? a Diseqc switch is what you would need. If you are using a 22k switch it wont work as the Universal uses the 22k

i hooked both of them to the same diseqc switch i used for the qph-031. on the qph, i had "L" to # 1 port and "C" to # 2. now its universal to # 1 and circular to # 2. uni works great, c gets a great reading but no picture.

oh now it makes sense.

Since you went from a QPH to 2 LNB's, you need to make sure the motor is set up properly for the C side since it will be off centre now. As an example, my DBS LNB is to the left (if I am behind the dish) of the KU LNB so my DBS stuff is off by 5 degrees or so. So as an example, if I am at 74W (SBS6), I can see Nimiq2 (82W) at the same time. I used DIseqc 1.2 to get those maxed out on signal

well hell, i use the 1.2 also, but didn't think of "bumping" the motor. was tryin to get it all setup before i left for work and got in a hurry. just couldn't figure out why i got a good 97 q-reading on the coolsat with no pic. i'll have to give it a try.
thanks ice!!!!

just make sure to set all the KU spots as either
Universal

or the short cut...leave it as standard and change LO from 10750 to 10600 and turn 22k on. Then when you blind scan it doesnt have to scan the low band every time

obviously on PAS9 you leave it as Universal ;)

i all ready had changed them to universal. after i read your earlier post, i went out and unhooked the universal lnb, went back inside, picked the 110 sat, bumped the motor over a bit, and BINGO...started gettin all the circular sats! went back out & hooked everything back up & works fine now. it dawned on me i was trying to use the "center" universal lnb to pickup the circular sats, when that lnb sits to the left abit. maybe next time i'll remember to point the right lnb to the right sat. kinda makes the channels come in alittle better!
thanks again

cool :)

glad it worked out. I've done the same thing but opposite. When I switched to a QPH031 I wondered why I couldnt get any circular stuff...because it was off by 5 degrees :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.