Confused.....What's New?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I have completed TVROs 4 step conversion, have a subscripiyion and everything is working fine. My confusion is am I suppose to be able to get Nebaska Net on T4, TPs 600and 601. When I go there I get "searching for channel" and that's it. I have tried uplugging the 922 as mentioned in other posts, with no luck. I did the actual converson about 2 weeks before the Janurary 4th deadline and since then I have not been able to raise any signal on Neb Net. I check option 6, 5 and the authorization says US. I understand what U means, but what is US.

Just checked mine and it's there! T-4 601, 602

I did have to reprogram the satellite positions for all the sats after doing the 4-step to X-4. Every once and a while I will touch a button and the receiver does something totally different from what I just pressed. Weird!

oldsatdude,

I have bumped the dish, did the unplug thing, changed the polarities from plus to minus back to minus, which is what it always came in on and made a dish adjustment, all with no results. I think it has something to do with that US status. Would you please check your option 6, 5 and tell me what your authorzation status is.

Correction to OP: I did the ALTERNATE PROCEDURE about 2 weeks in advance, then I did TVROs four step method after the 4th.

Last edited:
No problem, sorry I had dinner and now I'm back.

I did the 4 step conversion and purchased the 3 month pack for X-4. Had to unplug the receiver to fix the guide listing but still get one channel with wrong guide information and no guide information on any other satellite.
On T-4 600 on the status page line C: authorization status: ZK
On X-4 255 status:S
On GB 752 status:FP
On M-5 791 status: ZK
On C-4 581 status ZK

What is strange is that all the stations we used to watch are "channel unavailable" ie: C-3 599 status:MP

Have you tried removing the setting for T-4 and then reinstalling it?

Hope that helps!

Dimond Jim,

I have no idea why yours says US.
Try the trick I did, Go back to W-5 and remove the setting for X-4, unplug the receiver and count to ten. Plug back in and after the warm up, reinstall X-4 so your receiver can remap. I think Moto changed something around Jan 10 and you may have mapped the X-4 too early. I still had to give the receiver a few hours to get everything back and since the power cycle on mine, I have had 28 hits without ever calling them for anything. I park the dish on X-4 overnight. You may want to let it sit a while on X-4 channel 201. Could be that your mapping was done before the changes were finished.

I will try and investigate some things tomorrow and post the findings then, Good luck and good night.

Do you have a DCII lock on T4-600 or T4-601? What's your signal and quality?

Not that I know of, if I did how could I find out and correct it. Signal is 50, quality is 1.

Try the trick I did, Go back to W-5 and remove the setting for X-4, unplug the receiver and count to ten. Plug back in and after the warm up, reinstall X-4 so your receiver can remap. I have had 28 hits. I park the dish on X-4 overnight. You may want to let it sit a while on X-4 channel 201.

If I delete X4, I won't have any problems getting it back, will I? Right now I am a little gun shy about deleting things. I have to leave for a few hours so I am going to set it on X4, 201 and see what happens.
Also, where do you go to find out the number of hits? Please bare with me, it's been a long time since I messed with the guts of the 922.

Last edited:
Your getting a quality of 1 that means your not getting a signal. You may need to go and do some alignment outside to your dish. Those channels are 7/8 FEC, hard to get like HBO on G1.

That was my 1st thought. I have adjusted the dish until I am blues in the face, but I'll try it some more. Thanks.

Those channels are a challenge for me on my 7.5ft Sami.. I used to get them a couple years back, but these days the signal is so borderline that I only get glitchy video. It might be dish size coming into play.

Those channels are a challenge for me on my 7.5ft Sami.. I used to get them a couple years back, but these days the signal is so borderline that I only get glitchy video. It might be dish size coming into play.

I am starting to believe that. Years ago it did come in perfect, but that was at another location. I was thinking that since we moved ole BUD clear across the county I might have lost something in the alinment. I did make some adjustments and got it up to 33, but that knocked out ME TV. Since the wife likes ME TV I readjusted to get a 70% signal there. After 36 years I have figured out if she his happy my life is a lot better. Getting ME at 70% still leaves Neb Net at 33 and poor reception. The main thing I wanted to find out was if I could still get it after the conversion. I am happy knowing that it's still there and the problem is with me. Thanks to everybody for their help/suggestions. As always, they are deeply appreciated. This closes the book on this thread as far as I am concerned. Thanks again.

I'm only showing a 66 quality on my 12 foot right now and it's dialed in. So if your using a smaller dish and its not dialed in it's going to be a pain.

You could try a 20 degree quality unit but nothing replaces antenna size. My California Amplifier LNB from 1989 is a 40 degree, plays everything :)

Back in the day when I had my 10 foot I went from a 65 to 55 to 38. They all made some difference. The 38 TeeComm I had on the 10 I put on my 12 for a few months then got the Cal Amp 40 and it was better than the 38 TeeComm. The name of the game is use a quality unit, not a king viper ICE LNB hahahaha...

You gave me an idea I think I will search for that tech talk I have on LNB's and antenna' s. It talks about Kelvin vs Dish size I believe and Gain & Noise temp on LNB's. That would be a good one to put on my site.

BTW All, I have a antenna peaking video thats 25+ minutes long now on my website at the Tech Spot. 4DTV Online 4DTV TechSpot

Last edited:
I will as I can. There are only so many hours in the day. I am very busy with trying to get 4play things together lately and still dealing with conversion leftovers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)