Confused.....What's New?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I have completed TVROs 4 step conversion, have a subscripiyion and everything is working fine. My confusion is am I suppose to be able to get Nebaska Net on T4, TPs 600and 601. When I go there I get "searching for channel" and that's it. I have tried uplugging the 922 as mentioned in other posts, with no luck. I did the actual converson about 2 weeks before the Janurary 4th deadline and since then I have not been able to raise any signal on Neb Net. I check option 6, 5 and the authorization says US. I understand what U means, but what is US.

Just checked mine and it's there! T-4 601, 602

I did have to reprogram the satellite positions for all the sats after doing the 4-step to X-4. Every once and a while I will touch a button and the receiver does something totally different from what I just pressed. Weird!

oldsatdude,

I have bumped the dish, did the unplug thing, changed the polarities from plus to minus back to minus, which is what it always came in on and made a dish adjustment, all with no results. I think it has something to do with that US status. Would you please check your option 6, 5 and tell me what your authorzation status is.

Correction to OP: I did the ALTERNATE PROCEDURE about 2 weeks in advance, then I did TVROs four step method after the 4th.

Last edited:
No problem, sorry I had dinner and now I'm back.

I did the 4 step conversion and purchased the 3 month pack for X-4. Had to unplug the receiver to fix the guide listing but still get one channel with wrong guide information and no guide information on any other satellite.
On T-4 600 on the status page line C: authorization status: ZK
On X-4 255 status:S
On GB 752 status:FP
On M-5 791 status: ZK
On C-4 581 status ZK

What is strange is that all the stations we used to watch are "channel unavailable" ie: C-3 599 status:MP

Have you tried removing the setting for T-4 and then reinstalling it?

Hope that helps!

Dimond Jim,

I have no idea why yours says US.
Try the trick I did, Go back to W-5 and remove the setting for X-4, unplug the receiver and count to ten. Plug back in and after the warm up, reinstall X-4 so your receiver can remap. I think Moto changed something around Jan 10 and you may have mapped the X-4 too early. I still had to give the receiver a few hours to get everything back and since the power cycle on mine, I have had 28 hits without ever calling them for anything. I park the dish on X-4 overnight. You may want to let it sit a while on X-4 channel 201. Could be that your mapping was done before the changes were finished.

I will try and investigate some things tomorrow and post the findings then, Good luck and good night.

Do you have a DCII lock on T4-600 or T4-601? What's your signal and quality?

Not that I know of, if I did how could I find out and correct it. Signal is 50, quality is 1.

Try the trick I did, Go back to W-5 and remove the setting for X-4, unplug the receiver and count to ten. Plug back in and after the warm up, reinstall X-4 so your receiver can remap. I have had 28 hits. I park the dish on X-4 overnight. You may want to let it sit a while on X-4 channel 201.

If I delete X4, I won't have any problems getting it back, will I? Right now I am a little gun shy about deleting things. I have to leave for a few hours so I am going to set it on X4, 201 and see what happens.
Also, where do you go to find out the number of hits? Please bare with me, it's been a long time since I messed with the guts of the 922.

Last edited:
Your getting a quality of 1 that means your not getting a signal. You may need to go and do some alignment outside to your dish. Those channels are 7/8 FEC, hard to get like HBO on G1.

That was my 1st thought. I have adjusted the dish until I am blues in the face, but I'll try it some more. Thanks.

Those channels are a challenge for me on my 7.5ft Sami.. I used to get them a couple years back, but these days the signal is so borderline that I only get glitchy video. It might be dish size coming into play.

Those channels are a challenge for me on my 7.5ft Sami.. I used to get them a couple years back, but these days the signal is so borderline that I only get glitchy video. It might be dish size coming into play.

I am starting to believe that. Years ago it did come in perfect, but that was at another location. I was thinking that since we moved ole BUD clear across the county I might have lost something in the alinment. I did make some adjustments and got it up to 33, but that knocked out ME TV. Since the wife likes ME TV I readjusted to get a 70% signal there. After 36 years I have figured out if she his happy my life is a lot better. Getting ME at 70% still leaves Neb Net at 33 and poor reception. The main thing I wanted to find out was if I could still get it after the conversion. I am happy knowing that it's still there and the problem is with me. Thanks to everybody for their help/suggestions. As always, they are deeply appreciated. This closes the book on this thread as far as I am concerned. Thanks again.

I'm only showing a 66 quality on my 12 foot right now and it's dialed in. So if your using a smaller dish and its not dialed in it's going to be a pain.

You could try a 20 degree quality unit but nothing replaces antenna size. My California Amplifier LNB from 1989 is a 40 degree, plays everything :)

Back in the day when I had my 10 foot I went from a 65 to 55 to 38. They all made some difference. The 38 TeeComm I had on the 10 I put on my 12 for a few months then got the Cal Amp 40 and it was better than the 38 TeeComm. The name of the game is use a quality unit, not a king viper ICE LNB hahahaha...

You gave me an idea I think I will search for that tech talk I have on LNB's and antenna' s. It talks about Kelvin vs Dish size I believe and Gain & Noise temp on LNB's. That would be a good one to put on my site.

BTW All, I have a antenna peaking video thats 25+ minutes long now on my website at the Tech Spot. 4DTV Online 4DTV TechSpot

Last edited:
I will as I can. There are only so many hours in the day. I am very busy with trying to get 4play things together lately and still dealing with conversion leftovers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)