Confused.....What's New?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My DCII stuff is on a 7.5 foot dish. It has a GeosatPro C2 dual output LNBF on it. Carefully tuned, I get a quality reading of 25-30 on the 920. If I remember it right, the 920's meter will show clear signal at lower numbers than a 922. Sometimes I still have to "nudge" the dish a click or 2, to get NET to play, but they do pretty good on my setup.

Something isn't right. I messed around and made a few more adjustments to the dish and now it says I am getting a signal of 50 and a quality of 99, but it still tells me "searching for channel." I am pretty sure that the 99 isn't correct, but where did it come from.

The signal is way down today. I have only 47 on my 12 foot and that's just nuts. I know my dish is on the arc 100%. Sometimes the 4DTV will give a false reading of 99 when there is no signal. Do you even see a DC lock? Jim look at this video 4DTV Online Video's and align your dish as it says. Your not suppose to touch up this satellite or that satellite.

There are some probable issues. Bad LNB, defect in cable or connectors, polarotor & Weird TI. I can say this on certain days signal quality on one or several sats can go crazy jumping from ten to 80+
and back again in minutes. TI from cops radar and aircraft? May be stable for months and this happens. The other weird thing that shows up occasionally is an ascending series of numbers superimposed on the picture
in the upper left corner. Looks like a frame counter.

i agree with tvropro. signal was down to 51 here this afternoon on my 10 footer. usually its 66.

crackt out,.

Mine is usually in the 70's. Sometimes these uplinks run at reduced power to save money. As long as the targeted end user can receive a signal with the link budget they had in mind, they are satisfied.Those with smaller dishes (hobbyist) are not a factor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)