Confused with S-SM21H 22K switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

c_perrone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Greetings all,

Thanks again to everyone for their help as I have been able to hit the entire arc with my new setup. I finally decided to install my S-SM21H switch in order to get the nasa channel from dish network. After the install my unit seems to be acting weird...sometimes it will move the motor to the correct position, sometimes it justs sit in the same place. It does seem to switch from circular to linear at times as I have been able to get nasa. But for the most part it's just being weird. If I play around with it for a long enough time I can get everything linear that I did before I installed the switch.

Here is the setup:

QPH031 Quad LNBF
Sadoun PowerTech DG280B
Fortec Mercury II

I have the switch "between" the lnb and motor with the lnb connections going to the switch marked "lnca" and "lncb". The RX connection from the switch goes to the motor connection marked "lnb". Then a cable to the reciever from the motor. Then on the receiver I just set the "22K" switch to the on position for the circular birds.

Do I have this all correct?

--Clint--

It sounds correct. Adding a switch should not affect the motor, since the motor is first.
Did you get a DiSEqC switch with the receiver? You could try that.
Also, has the cable to the motor changed since you added the switch?

It sounds correct. Adding a switch should not affect the motor, since the motor is first.
Did you get a DiSEqC switch with the receiver? You could try that.
Also, has the cable to the motor changed since you added the switch?

Lak7

The only switch that I received with the package was the 22K switch. The cable to the motor is the same one as before I added the switch. One other fact is that the cable from the receiver to the motor is about 150' or so of RG11 with a coupler to RG6 at the house.

Clint

That is getting pretty long, but should be OK.
Possible to connect receiver / tv at the splice to RG6?

Lak7

I don't have quite enough cable to do that.. The thing that is weird is that the motor was moving just fine before I installed the switch, which to me should make no difference in the motor movement..althought I am a rookie when it come to fta...;) I do have enough RG6 to make the entire run, so I might try that today....I'm kinda at a loss. I just wanted to make sure I had the connections correct as it does get a little confusing at times. Am I able to still use usals as my positioner with the 22K switch? I just don't know..

Clint

You're not crazy, your combo should be just fine(barring a malfunctioning switch).
Another test would be to replace the switch with a Female to Female connector, keeping all cables in the loop, and test motor movement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)