Confused

Status
Please reply by conversation.

706Tom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
North Georgia
I've been using a BUD with a Mini-Mag 950-1450MHz 25 Degree LNB 140078. I can't find specs on the LNB but I believe it is a C band the same as the 140011-20. I have been able to get signals on C band and on Ku frequencies. How is this possible?

What channels are you getting, which satellite. And I would like to know how also!
If you change the LO in the satellite setup screen for a satellite and scan, you may get some c-band channels showing up as ku, with odd freq. Unless you have a ku feedhorn I don't think you can get 12ghz from a 4ghz feedhorn.

This is just one but on T-5 @ 97degrees W 11.916H 9.983 I'm getting AMGTV. Also @ 11.013V 9.983. Almost every sat has both C and KU, that is why I'm confused.

AMG-TV is on c-band 3991mhz, according to lyngsat's site. You need to have your LO set in the satellite setup for whatever the lnb-type you are using. In your case, with a cband lnb, the LO should be 5150. Scanning it as a KU bird will still pick up some of the freq but they'll be diff from actual c-band freq, as you found.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)