Confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

domando1069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Hello Satguys

I purchase a openbox s9 for fta channels. When I tried to scan for the CW on Galaxy 17 @ 91, I can't scan them in. So I googled for some help, and I have different sites telling me to update my firmware and edit my tips. Even some are saying watch out for clones. It almost seems to me that this is some sort of software update to hack the singnal???? I don't know. This is not my intent. I just what free tv, and the CW is suppose to be free. I live in Canada, I have a 10' Dish a BSC621 lnb, a V-Box 7 Diseqc positioner and a Openbox s9 Receiver. Some channels have audio that are out of sync with the picture and some images seem to move slow or jerky.
So to cut through the chase, do I have to upgrade software? if so what firmware should I use. Other sites say I have to edit tips and abs files to get CW, is this true? Or does the new firmware update do this for me. One last note how do I back up my current firmeware, just in case something goes wrong?
I appoligize if I have posted in the wrong section.
Thank you in advance.
Confused

I'm not the "Openbox" expert here, but there are quite a few posts referring to what is called a "channel editor" (small piece of software) you run on your computer to enter the information for the CW channels, here on this site. The software is actually available on this site in the firmware section. No, its not considered "hacking" to use the channel editor. If it was, it would not be seen on this site.

Some boxes, like the Openbox don't allow manual entry, but if you use this software, you can do it by editing what the box "sees" and reloading the info.

Search on this site for Openbox channel editor, and you'll find the thread, and some very good instructions! In fact, read ALL you can about the Openbox. I have a model S10, have had it about two months, I'm not "new" to FTA, and I'm still learning about it! They're quirky but they do quite a bit for the price! Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions! You're in the right place for the BEST satellite TV and receiver information and help! And, every question helps other people, too!

I'm anxious to see how you do, I have not yet tried the editor but want-to! (when time permits.)

Thanks Radio & Iceberg
I'll follow the thread. Should I update my firmeware???
Thanks

Last edited:
you can if you want but it still wont help getting the CW channels in unless you use the editor

Iceberg
Some channels have audio that are out of sync with the picture and some images seem to move slow or jerky. On Anik F1
Will upgrade help with this???
Thanks

This thread may be of some assistance in using the editor: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/238731-how-use-editor-openbox-s9-hd.html
M
enu - Brief case - Information, What version is shown? I experienced severe stutter with "Green Fix" HDS2-11-03-21-21:03A2M Firmware version. It detects the F1 740p video as 576(PAL) so the stutter. Later versions fixed this. I am running C2HS2-11-08-24:0679CMT and have not seen any audio problems. Although, some feeds will loose video, then shortly after the video. Hitting menu, then menu or exit, and all is well again. It's a rare feed that this happens on. If you plan to load firmware, save your channel list to re-load it (TP_Prog) otherwise, it's start from scratch.

Jumping in here....does saving that channel list save the positions AND the favorites? (so no reprogramming of sat positions is needed?)

Update
I tried the tip editor, and I am now watching The CW East, West and Central on Galaxy 17 @ 91.
Thanks to Radio & Iceberg for their help.
Now I am off to see what else I can find.
Happy Sat hunting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts