Connection Headaches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Runr48

Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Help!
Everything was fine until I rearranged my living room and disconnect the tv, stereo, etc. I labelled everything correctly, so reconnecting should not have been a problem, but it was. Now I have too much reds and greens and no browns and blues. I have a panasonic HDPlasma tv which I connected to my Directv through my stereo receiver. I've checked and rechecked everything, but still can't get those blues and browns. What am I doing wrong? Yes, I checked the connections against the user instructions and still no help.

Where exactly does DirecTV come into this? I think you want a different forum. Besides that, how can we help you hook up something that we can't see, and you provide no information for?

damaged said:
Where exactly does DirecTV come into this? I think you want a different forum. Besides that, how can we help you hook up something that we can't see, and you provide no information for?

"I have a panasonic HDPlasma tv which I connected to my Directv through my stereo receiver. "

I'm guessing there.

Threadstarter, if you use Y-Pb-Pr cables bypass the stereo receiver and connect them to your TV, that will either prove/eliminate the receiver being the problem.

Beavis said:
"I have a panasonic HDPlasma tv which I connected to my Directv through my stereo receiver. "

I'm guessing there.

Threadstarter, if you use Y-Pb-Pr cables bypass the stereo receiver and connect them to your TV, that will either prove/eliminate the receiver being the problem.

The problem is that he has too many cables left over of one type (color) and not enough of another type, which is what I mean by it not being a problem related to DirecTV. The problem is he did not mark down where what went properly (even though he thought he did). :)

EDIT: Or is he refeerring to colors on his TV? Either way, the OP needs clarifying.

Last edited:
It sounds a lot like one component videl lead is loose. Check the component input cables between the D* IRD and stereo rcvr, and also the ones from the stereo rcvr to the plasma screen. Somewhere you have a BLUE lead that is loose.

I have had this happen. One lead looks like it's connected but is loose. Just push it in snugly.

jpn said:
It sounds a lot like one component videl lead is loose. Check the component input cables between the D* IRD and stereo rcvr, and also the ones from the stereo rcvr to the plasma screen. Somewhere you have a BLUE lead that is loose.

I have had this happen. One lead looks like it's connected but is loose. Just push it in snugly.

This is what I would look for as well, even though it appears to be connected, unplug them all and reseat them.

I am presuming you are going from the D* receiver to the TV with your R/G/B cables.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)