Connection Headaches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Runr48

Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Help!
Everything was fine until I rearranged my living room and disconnect the tv, stereo, etc. I labelled everything correctly, so reconnecting should not have been a problem, but it was. Now I have too much reds and greens and no browns and blues. I have a panasonic HDPlasma tv which I connected to my Directv through my stereo receiver. I've checked and rechecked everything, but still can't get those blues and browns. What am I doing wrong? Yes, I checked the connections against the user instructions and still no help.

Where exactly does DirecTV come into this? I think you want a different forum. Besides that, how can we help you hook up something that we can't see, and you provide no information for?

damaged said:
Where exactly does DirecTV come into this? I think you want a different forum. Besides that, how can we help you hook up something that we can't see, and you provide no information for?

"I have a panasonic HDPlasma tv which I connected to my Directv through my stereo receiver. "

I'm guessing there.

Threadstarter, if you use Y-Pb-Pr cables bypass the stereo receiver and connect them to your TV, that will either prove/eliminate the receiver being the problem.

Beavis said:
"I have a panasonic HDPlasma tv which I connected to my Directv through my stereo receiver. "

I'm guessing there.

Threadstarter, if you use Y-Pb-Pr cables bypass the stereo receiver and connect them to your TV, that will either prove/eliminate the receiver being the problem.

The problem is that he has too many cables left over of one type (color) and not enough of another type, which is what I mean by it not being a problem related to DirecTV. The problem is he did not mark down where what went properly (even though he thought he did). :)

EDIT: Or is he refeerring to colors on his TV? Either way, the OP needs clarifying.

Last edited:
It sounds a lot like one component videl lead is loose. Check the component input cables between the D* IRD and stereo rcvr, and also the ones from the stereo rcvr to the plasma screen. Somewhere you have a BLUE lead that is loose.

I have had this happen. One lead looks like it's connected but is loose. Just push it in snugly.

jpn said:
It sounds a lot like one component videl lead is loose. Check the component input cables between the D* IRD and stereo rcvr, and also the ones from the stereo rcvr to the plasma screen. Somewhere you have a BLUE lead that is loose.

I have had this happen. One lead looks like it's connected but is loose. Just push it in snugly.

This is what I would look for as well, even though it appears to be connected, unplug them all and reseat them.

I am presuming you are going from the D* receiver to the TV with your R/G/B cables.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts