Connectivity!!

97Jeepsb

Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
IL
Hello I am a remote DNS technician. As some of you know we are graded on many things, one of which is connectivity. Where I live people for the most part can not get internet and most have cell phones. So my problem is I am supposed connect and if I don't I don't get the points for it. Which is a bigger problem because then I can not move up in levels. So how do you guys get them connected. Anybody have a Droid and used the tethering option? How does it work if you have? Any help is greatly appreciated. Again if I can not connect and its messing with my bonuses and my promotions, how can I if there is no phone and no internet??

First of all, I noticed that you are new so welcome to satellite guys. Now as for your problem, I think your only option is to try and pitch the customers about satellite internet since DISH sells satellite internet through Wildblue. Hopefully it'll be available in the customer's area.

That's an option. But I am not WB certified. Also the service is lousy. Are there any technicians on this site?

True the land line is going the way of the dodo. you could share your internet and send status but dont know how dish will log it or how it will look with many accounts with the same ip and if they will ding your rep.

Its best to set it up with internet if the customer has net axx or phone. I almost never ever do the phone or internet unless its way to ez.

if dish would supply the poe box then it will be installed if the customer has a router. im not going to try and up sell it to the customer and lose the install or have to fork out the funds

Ha I use my iPhone a laptop and hook it to the receiver with a patch cord.My phone has a dynamic ip so it does not send the same one twice.And the Mac address is the one of the nic card in the reciever

My connectivity has been 70% for at least 4 months haven't heard any negative feed back yet

Brisak said:
Lmao I just tell them they are getting a firmware upgrade never get questioned lmao.

Why are you only getting 70 percent?! Or can you not use your iPhone with MPEG2 equipment for a phone connection?

this should be merged to the installer zone, dish will soon ping accounts after 2 weeks so if you send status now but don't have anything connected, you will get dinged...also this will become grounds for termination, something they will take very seriously since they're looking for reasons to get rid of techs

Yeah non VIP receivers are a no go,Plus all I need is conformation code,if the customer "cancels their Internet wink wink"
When I leave not my problem lmao

Dish should change their checklist and put a box saying no landline/Internet and have the customer sign off. No reason for you as an installer to get dinged for a customer living without it. Plus that would be a good way to inform them of sat Internet!

We are told they already ping accounts over a 4 week period (which is why there is a 4 week average on connectivity) and can already determine dropouts from the original send status.

Well we both know we can try to explain it to the higher ups,That most people have cellphones and no land line.But they do not care they want numbers out of us and I will produce them to shut them up.

I just think it's stupid that we get paid so little and have so many responsibilities,If I could find another 12 dollar an hour job somewhere else I'd jump ship in a hartbeat

Brisak said:
Well we both know we can try to explain it to the higher ups,That most people have cellphones and no land line.But they do not care they want numbers out of us and I will produce them to shut them up.

I just think it's stupid that we get paid so little and have so many responsibilities,If I could find another 12 dollar an hour job somewhere else I'd jump ship in a hartbeat

That ain't no joke. It must be a market thing for you, because where I live they start new guys out at $4 more an hour than what you are making now.

Ha I use my iPhone a laptop and hook it to the receiver with a patch cord.My phone has a dynamic ip so it does not send the same one twice.And the Mac address is the one of the nic card in the reciever

My connectivity has been 70% for at least 4 months haven't heard any negative feed back yet

What is a nic card??? What about my Mac address???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts