Considering C & Ku Band System

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi, on a quick scan of this thread I did not see anyone address your question on locals for Panama city FL. I don't think you will find any on satellite other then the subscription providers like Dish and Directv. You may well be able to pick up the locals using an over the air antenna, how far are you from the city? Later, DC

Yea DC I currently pick up my locals on an antenna in digital - no problems there - I was interested in the locals that are available from other cities on satellite - looks like most of them are on c-band - thanks for the input

Hey guys - If I did wanna get both c-band and ku would the following be a good deal and would I get very many c-band sats? Keep in mind 6-ft is about as big as I really wanna get in my neighborhood here. Also for $60 more I can upgrade to a HD receiver.

From Sadoun website:

MC-1 Bundled System Includes Regular Price
GEOSATpro DSR200C Free To Air Digital Satellite Receiver $129.00
SD180PM: Polar Mount Style (shown above) $239.00
P76: 3"dia x 39" Mast with side supporting struts
$79.00

HARL-3618 18" Actuator
$79.00

DMX741 C/KU Band LNBF
$49.00
V3000 (GBOX) Sadoun PowerTech $79.99
Bonus 1: JVI 12ft RCA Audio Video Cable Value $50
Bonus 2: Leviton 50ft RG6 Cable

Total if bought individually $694.99
Bundle Price Only $525.00
Additional 5% Instant Cart Discount -26.00
Today's Bundle Price Only $499.00

...Keep in mind 6-ft is about as big as I really wanna get in my neighborhood here.

Boy, I know THAT feeling. But I bit the bullet and started with a 7.5' mesh, and it really looks pretty small once you get used to it. If you could add an inch a month, it could grow to 10' without anyone ever knowing, haha.

Recommend HD. Too much you'd be missing without it.

Another Panama City resident

You guys really are good. I was looking for information. When I got to this sit some other Panama City resident asked all my questions, and you guys answered them. How much easier than that can it get? So I went on ebay and bought the suggested equipment. This is what I got.
OPENBOX S10 HD FTA RECEIVER
WS9036 90cm / 36" Offset FTA & Ku Band Satellite Dish Antenna
ESX521 FSS Single Ku Band Standard LNB Noise .2dB typical
Frequency Range 11.7 - 12.75 GHz
Other than this I think the only other thing I will need is the coaxial cable. I’m hoping that I will not have a lot of trouble setting this all up.

...Is there any good HD on Ku for me to pay a little extra for the HD receiver?
1. NBC HD, ABC HD, Fox HD from Arizona are on Anik F3 at 118.8 Ku circular in linear band (12185 MHz). Best nets on Ku now.
2. I have a universal LNB but have never used the universal characteristics. Standard is fine for most people. Most footprints requiring universal do not reach North America.
3. 1-meter Ku is good; 1.2-meter Ku is better. Little difference in cost, installation. You will be glad in bad weather to have bigger.
4. If buying a receiver today, get DVB-S2, HD, AC3 capability for sure. You need some or all of this for PBS stations and networks on Ku. You will be glad in coming months, years.
5. You should have waited for GeoSatpro microHD available next month. It will be a winner for a very good price. Or simply sell the S10 later and get this new receiver when it's available.

... This is what I got...I’m hoping that I will not have a lot of trouble setting this all up.
If you've never installed FTA, you will have trouble because there is a lot to know. Don't get discouraged. People here will help with any problems. One step at a time. If you need an OTA antenna, check the OTA section of forum and tvfool.com. Lots of experience there.

If you've never installed FTA, you will have trouble because there is a lot to know. Don't get discouraged. People here will help with any problems. One step at a time. If you need an OTA antenna, check the OTA section of forum. Lots of experience there.

Thanks,
No I have never done it before.

I'm going to do this too. I'm sick of paying for TV. Do you have any suggestion for an antenna?

I got a really good one on ebay for like $35 - it even came with coax and a rotator - In Freeport, FL I pick up all but one Panama City (Fox) local including CBS out of Dothan and I pick up many channels from Pensacola - Where you are at, you should pick up all Panama City locals and maybe even some Tallahassee locals

I got a really good one on ebay for like $35 - it even came with coax and a rotator - In Freeport, FL I pick up all but one Panama City (Fox) local including CBS out of Dothan and I pick up many channels from Pensacola - Where you are at, you should pick up all Panama City locals and maybe even some Tallahassee locals

What model, or type of antena should I look for?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)