Constant breakups on VOOM today!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
if you had a 3 second blackout that is significant. didnt have it here. sorry
seems strange that you had one event and others had multiple ones. On the east coast HBOHD seems to consistently have the best PQ along with Starz

I've had some issues with WorldsportHD during the Barcelona vs Villareal replay - it's unwatchable. Epics and Monsters are having the same issue.

Anyone else?

We are not talking about PQ, we are talking about picture loss (black screen) for shot periods.

tuned into worldsport right now, I guess for 5 minutes so far. Its 55:55 into the match no drop outs.

57:00 now sorry no problems here.

deArgila said:
I've had some issues with WorldsportHD during the Barcelona vs Villareal replay - it's unwatchable. Epics and Monsters are having the same issue.

Anyone else?

I tuned to Monsters and then Epics but did not see any problems. I stayed on it for about 5 minutes. Are you located in the east or west coast?

vurbano said:
if you had a 3 second blackout that is significant. didnt have it here. sorry
seems strange that you had one event and others had multiple ones. On the east coast HBOHD seems to consistently have the best PQ along with Starz
maybe not watching as much as the others-noticed my blackout while watching a 1 hour program

Hmmm - must be my equipment then. I'm still having the problems - satellite signal is strong (95)

Going to reboot and see what happens ...

Rebooted the system and no improvement - going to call Voom.

(PS - I'm in North Carolina).

Well, CSR couldn't help - installer scheduled to come out - but the earliest is Friday!!! How am I going to do without WorldsportHD until Friday!? I hope the problem fixes itself.

The problem cleared up for several hours tonight. But as of 12:15am May 11 I'm seeing problems again. HBO HD E and W, :mad: SHOHD E and W and EncoreHD. I didn't check the other channels. At this point I got frustrated again with Voom and turned off the TV.

I will check to see if I have the "black screen" when I get home in the evening. What type of connections are you using? I didn't have any problems with the tv upstairs which is using composite connections. I am using the DVI connection on the downstairs tv, which is occasionaly having black screen issues.
Hopefully this was a fluke problem.

Iam still getting the black screen using the DVI connecton. However, when I use te component cables, I have no problems. I guess the new box I got on Saturday might have something wrong with it. Any one having the same problem??

I was experience black screen on all my channels.

jimmykce1 said:
Iam still getting the black screen using the DVI connecton. However, when I use te component cables, I have no problems. I guess the new box I got on Saturday might have something wrong with it. Any one having the same problem??

I was experience black screen on all my channels.

The "black screen" problem is mystifying. It happens to me constantly on ESPN HD and HBO HD. But I do not see it in other channels. Tonight for example, I watched "Train, Plaines and automobiles" on HBO HD and did not see it at all. I also have DVI connected. I have not tried to switch to component.

I called Voom and they sent over a couple of hits to my box. I went ahead and unplugged it after I got off the phone. This morning, so far, my wife said she hasn't seen anymore "black screens". Hopefully this solves my problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)