Constant breakups on VOOM today!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I cant watch anything, im constantly getting breakups followed by a black screen. Anybody else experiencing this? BTW full sat signal

neo0285 said:
I cant watch anything, im constantly getting breakups followed by a black screen. Anybody else experiencing this? BTW full sat signal

I just tuned to HBO WEST, HDNEWS and it looks fine. Any specific channel?

I'm seeing it today too. It is happening on all the premium movie channels with HBO E and W being the worse. Discovery HD looks great. I just got off the phone with Voom and they are seeing it too. The CSR said she would notify a supervisor and that Voom has no way of knowing how to fix it at this time. I told her they had the same problem last week and it was fixed until today. So whatever they did back then might work again. (See thread about Gods and Generals) You need to watch the channel for a few minutes because you might go 2 to 3 minutes without seeing them. And then you'll get 5 to 6 breakups the next minute or two. Audio always fails first, follwed by pixelization and sometime a black screen.

thats exactly what im seeing ram, thanx i thought i was alone

Just watched HBO HD East for 15 minutes and did not see anything strange. I am scanning through other channels.

I just went through Cinemax HD East, Animania, & Showtime HD East and haven't seen the same problems. Not saying that you are not seeing this but it is strange that some see it while others do not.

neo0285 said:
Well it looks like they have fixed it about 30 minutes ago

Good, I did not want to sound like I was making something up. :) But in all fairness it is good to post everything -- problems, dislike, etc. as well as our experiences. Which other way will Rainbow/VOOM learn?

vurbano said:
only two people saw this?
if only two saw this, they must be lying-picture is great-stop complaining(sarcasm used in this post sponsored by "Voom Pq is great and if you disagree you are just a complaining "flamer")LMAO

I was getting pretty bad breakups this morning at around 9:00am with OTA, so switched to analog through the VCR. In my case it might have been wind related though, and I didn't look at the other channels (morning rush to get out the door).

Iam getting occasional black screens on all channels about every 15 minutes or so. I am using the DVI connection, is there a problem with my DVI cable? I didn't see any problems with the tv upstairs which is connected using coposite cables. I never had this problem before.

Scubasoul said:
I'm also seeing a black screen for a second, or so. Happens randomly.
Saw one last night for the first time since the sw upgrade during Sopranos on HBO East Feed-here we go again-(frown)

Oh I'm sorry-I mean Pq looks great, it really does-super stupendous-a number 1 chief-top shelf-LMAO

If I repeat this enough, maybe I will start to believe it-LMAO

I watched "confidence" on MAxhd i think and didnt have any breakups. I know that espnhd seems to have a lot of drop outs. What channels are they happening on?

vurbano said:
I watched "confidence" on MAxhd i think and didnt have any breakups. I know that espnhd seems to have a lot of drop outs. What channels are they happening on?[/QUOTEPremiums Only it appears-HBO East for me last night

vurbano said:
I watched "confidence" on MAxhd i think and didnt have any breakups. I know that espnhd seems to have a lot of drop outs. What channels are they happening on?
Premies only-Hbo East for me last night