Contest: Glorystar DVR1100c System - Ends 8.18.2008

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
DVR-1100C-W-DISH.JPG

Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems invites you to enter to win two complete GEOSATpro DVR1100c DVR Ready systems including free shipping within the Continental US or Canada! One for you and one for your church or non-profit, faith based, community outreach center (a $648) min. value) The Glorystar system that is donated to the non-profit organization will also receive a free basic installation (a $175 min. value)!

GLORYSTAR DVR ONE ROOM SYSTEM - Glorystar.tv - Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems

It is easy to enter! Respond to this thread and tell us about the church or the faith based community outreach center that you would like to submit to win the Glorystar DVR satellite system. What is the organization's name and where are they located? How would the Glorystar Christian satellite system benefit the church, organization or the community?

On August 18th, 2008 a member of our staff will select a winner and we will email the winner to obtain the church or non-profit's contact information. Upon verification of the organization's faith-based and non-profit status, we will ship one system directly to the organization and book a complete basic installation and ship one system to the contestant.

This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member or staff member in good standing, living within the continental US or Canada, with at least 5 posts as of 8.18.2008. This contest is is not open to staff or family members of Satellite AV, LLC. If an entry is selected that does not qualify, additional drawing(s) may be made by our staff. The winning contestant will be contacted by email. If the contest winner does not reply within 5 business days the contestant will be disqualified and a new drawing will be performed. Only one submission per contestant or organization. Additional submissions will result in a disqualification.

Christ's Harbor Church

As a member of the Coast Guard, I relocate every few years. Consequently, I am familiar with many different churches covering a wide range of Protestant denominations (non-denominational and Catholic, too). But I digress... I believe my current church home to be a worthy candidate for this contest.

Christ's Harbor Church is an interesting church in that it has three main groups that make up its membership: local younger families, local retirees, and seasonal retirees (aka "Winter Texans"). I have had an opportunity to observe the different dynamics presented by this group and have been impressed at how the pastoral staff is able to reach across such a broad range of diversity.

As a Bible-based church, we have many small group studies. We also have a vibrant youth program. CHC is actively involved in the following ministries: Angel Food Ministries, Love INC, Stephen's Ministry, Shotokan Karate, ArkALMIGHTY, Counseling, Walk to Emmaus, and various unaffiliated ministries. The church also supports two missions in Matamoros, MX and a half-dozen in Jamaica. The point here is not to claim God's Glory as our own, but to illustrate how the church is actively participating in fulfilling the Great Commission. A Glorystar system and the programming it offers would be valuable in not only feeding the congregation, but equipping them to continue God's work in the local area and beyond. Specifically, the DVR capability would allow the Director of Ministries to record programming for the various study groups and ministry teams. In addition, the potential to bring CCN to the local community would further increase the ministerial reach of this church.

Thank you for the fun way to be a part of contributing to the ministry in the winning community.

Christ's Harbor Church is located in Laguna Vista, TX.

Thank you and God Bless!

Last edited:
Joy Outreach Fellowship

Joy Outreach Fellowship is located in Pisgah Forest, NC, It is one of the most loving churches I have ever attended. I am not a member there as I am in a home church, but when I feel the urge this is where I go. This church places a special value upon youth and children inviting them to participate to the utmost. I believe that the church would place a Glorystar system to good use especially with the DVR ability to record select programing for later use in training. The church website can be visited at Joy Outreach Fellowship where I lifted this statement:
Why we are here.

God has called this body of believers to:

• reach out to those who are crushed in spirit, broken, and feel there is no hope (Matt 11:28-30)
  • be a place where all feel welcome and accepted (John 13:34)
  • be a New Testament church in that we recognize the Holy Spirit and desire His control in our services (Acts 1:8, John 16:13-15)
  • help people to find their gifts and talents and encourage them to flow in them (1 Cor 12:7-11, Rom 12:4-8)
  • strengthen the family unit through ministry to men, women, and children with concentration on the family and giving them hope and direction (Eph 5:22-23, Eph 6:1-4)
  • reach out to our community and beyond as God shows us how to do this (Acts 1:8) and
  • work with area churches to preach the gospel to all people in order that Jesus may return for His bride, the Church (1 Cor 1:10, Eph 4:3).

Messiah's Branch

Messiah's Branch works with the Homeless in Wichita, KS. They have a radio program Thursday night on G25 at 7 pm. It would be great for them to have this system so the homeless can watch Christian programing.

Pastor Dan Catlin and family work with the Homeless, Lost Sheep at thier Mission Wichita, KS, shelter 60 miles from their home.

Below is from their website.
------------------------------------------
Many people search out missions all over the world in order to help the poor and spread the gospel of Yeshua. But the Father showed us that there are those right here who need just our help as much, or more.

This is the mission field in which the Father has placed us in. Helping others and the spread of the gospel should start first in your own home, then spread out. I feel it is such a shame that many of the poor in this country are neglected and should be helped first. The same goes for spreading the gospel to them.

They come in many times broken and bloody seeking help. Or sick, cold, looking for all kinds of help and prayers. We have seen many miracles right on the spot as our Lord works to glorify Him.

As we are not an agency we are able to help without any red tape or forms and as the spirit leads. I do not even ask much more than their names. I wait on them to give me information they wish us to have.

We have started a new program where we give out bicycles as they are donated. We assemble them from junk bikes of others. Sometimes we get them whole. These help get them around to look for work etc.

We give out Large print KJV bibles. These cost $10 a Bible at Sam’s and can be read by those who have weak eyes. Also they are a bible with a leather flex cover so they last a very long time. Pray about donating to this cause.

Watch our video clips on how we got started and the Atlanta Live program we were on a few years ago.

I ask the Lord to bring to our little storefront the very worst of the worst. We get a varied crowd. Some have mental problems, some are disabled waiting for social security, some have just had bad breaks, domestic violence victims, some are criminals, lost jobs, so many different problems, all need love and that is the main thing we give out at Messiah’s Branch. Love with a sense of family something that they have lost. Through this they see we are different and are led to the Lord Yeshua through His love in us. And of course through the kind gifts of others.

Messiah’s Branch
230 west 4th street
Florence, Kansas 66851
620-878-4682

Messiahs Branch and Prophetic News Service
Wichita Homeless - A Ministry of Messiah's Branch

STT/STJ SDA School

I’d love to have a system go to a local school… the St. Thomas/St. John Seventh-day Adventist School here in St. Thomas. They would certainly benefit from the SDA content but what I am particularly interested in exposing them to is the Smile of a Child Network. In today’s world educating and raising children with good morals certainly is a CHALLENGE to both parents and schools. “Regular” TV certainly does NOT help as a vast majority of the content is sex and or violence based. Sure there is the PBS educational stations but particularly troubling is a lot of the mixed messages about skewed societal mores that are imparted.

As a parent of a young impressionable child it used to be quite a task finding quality “safe” television to entertain and educate. Once I got our Glorystar system going it was refreshing to have such high quality, educational, spiritually uplifting programming readily available. We actually terminated out CTV service and we DON’T regret it one bit.
As I already have a system I’d even opt to forgo another complete system for me and donate that system to yet another parochial school or a daycare. You see, I have a burden for spreading quality, educational, Christ-centered TV programming. As a parent it’s not easy to raise a Christian child by exposing them to regular TV ALL week long and then just a few hours of church on the weekend . I can attest that having Christian television in the home definitely reinforces what we try to impart.
Putting systems in such public spaces further self-advertises the Glorystar system which unfortunately is not well known here in the Caribbean.
Thank you and may the Almighty continue to bless your efforts!

Praise the Lord!

First I want to say Thank You so kindly for this offer. It is a true blessing to a call we have been praying for!

Our church, Centerville Seventh-Day Adventist Church is located in Centerville, Ohio and our website is centervillesdachurch[dot]org

We read ad about Glorystar in the VISITOR magazine through our Pathfinder Ministries and knew it would be a blessing to our members, we were even more surprized and know it was a message from GOD to find your having a contest and to be able to enter it before it ends! Thank you Jesus! Amen

How exciting it would be to have a Glorystar Christian satellite system with 50 Christian based channels including 8 SDA channels, for our Adult and Childrens ministries to benefit from, having the ability to record shows with the DVR and burn them to DVD is a major plus! This would be a GOD send to our members prayers. Thank you so much for this opportunity, many blessings to you and the Glory be to GOD! Amen.

Last edited:
The First Church of the Nazarene of Oskaloosa, IA is one of the largest churches in our community, with a large number of members from all walks of life attending together for spiritual enlightenment. While I am not officially a member of this church, the church is an icon in our community and our family belongs to the church in the sense that we regularly attend many of the organized efforts that the church shares with the community.

About 2 years ago the church burned to the ground on a cold winter morning. They have not yet established funds to rebuild, so the congregation meets in a secondary building previously utilized for youth activities. Even though the building has not been restored, the church continues to reach out to the youth of our community as it always has, opening its youth center to the community, offering fellowship programs available to all denominations, and promoting the gospel through a variety of non-threatening formats.

I would love for the church to have the opportunity to record many of the high quality programs available for youth and teenagers as found on the GloryStar distribution network, as I believe this programming would open a whole new avenue towards the church’s outreach programs. I further hope that in doing so, financially capable members would see the benefit of such wholesome free Christian programming and make the decision to add such programming to their family’s viewing habits, or possible donate systems to those less financially capable to do so.

Roxtreme - GloryStar Contest Entry.

PRE-INTRODUCTION:
Hopefully this will make it before the decision process. We had no internet access for a while because we are in a rural area and our internet options are a bit limited. This is one of the reasons that GloryStar would be so nice to have at Roxtreme.

Through a family involved in Roxtreme, we had a lifetime subscription with SkyAngel and when they went to IPTV we lost our option to show kids music videos and similar programming. The favorite channel was TVU and while we understand TVU is not on GloryStar, it does seem like there are some very good replacements. Many of the loved shows that were watched on SA can be found on GloryStar.

INTRODUCTION:
Roxtreme is a place for youth to participate in various extreme sports, hang out, make friends, ride on extreme wagon rides and most importantly - to come into a relationship with Christ. We attempt to do this in a setting that encourages them to realize that God made them just the way they are for a very specific reason. We work with local churches (several denominations) and other para-church ministries to attempt to try to find a way to plug Christian kids in with other ministries, so that the kingdom will benefit and to develop the giftings placed in the individual.

Roxtreme is built from the ground up in a very unique way that allows us to function without having to charge kids that come any money and not have to beg for donations on an ongoing basis. Most ministries in our genre really only have a chance to touch kids from families that are rather well off due to budget constraints and associated fees. For Roxtreme to operate in this fashion it takes volunteers, and gifts of supplies and services. We lean heavily on a PA law (PA Land Use Statutes - Roxtreme) that offers protection for landowners who offer the use of their land for free. This really opens up many options to use because of reduced operating costs, but it precludes us from ever charging anything for facility use. Although we love that we can offer something that kids see as so valuable for free it does place some restrictions in us for fund raising.

Roxtreme would benefit from a GloryStar system in several ways.

1. We could offer non-Christian kids the opportunity to hear the gospel in a different way.
2. We could offer kids who may not have been exposed to Christian music that appeals to them an exposure to REAL music that not only fits their style, but God’s standards.
3. We can offer teachings geared toward the Christian kid to further their walk with Christ.
4. We can offer volunteers a chance to be entertained/ministered to if they happen to be around on a day where kids are entertained in a another portion of the park or turn out is low.
5. We can more options rouge storm rolls in a student has been dropped of without a chance to go anywhere else due to transportation issues.
6. We would love to be able to schedule bible studies around some of the extreme sport shows that can be found on some of the channels.

VIEW FROM A STUDENT:
Roxtreme is a great place to hang out, have fun and have fun fellowship. I think GloryStar would be an awesome ministry tool and I think teens like me, would really enjoy it.

VIEW FROM A VOLUNTEER:
Having other ways to connect with the kids would be a real blessing. Many Roxtreme volunteers do not necessarily fit with the extreme sports scene. Most of us do not ride and could not ride if our lives depended on it. We connect with the kids through relationships primarily, but other common interests can make a big difference in connecting. Roxtreme is in the midst of starting up a venue for local Christian bands and it is apparent that music is going to become a bigger factor at Roxtreme and certainly seems to be the language of most of this generation of kids. Channels like JCTV and shows featuring good Christian music will be taken advantage of in many ways, from my perspective, mostly for connection and outreach.

GloryStar would also be awesome to have around when the weather turns or even as the days get shorter and kids are still waiting for a ride home. Weather the older generation likes it or not, it is uncommon for today’s student to just be satisfied with one thing going on at a time and GloryStar programming would definitely be preferable to students playing what is on their video iPod or similar.

VIEW FROM A FOUNDER:

Big Vision – Small Budget:
ROXTREME is a new, fun, extreme, and not-for-profit ministry located in Roxbury, Pennsylvania. It is designed to provide a place for teens in the area to enjoy biking, skating, bonfires, good (Christian) music and much more in a fun, safe and loving Christian environment. A place where there is something for everyone. Totally run on donations and a volunteer basis – Roxtreme is totally without GLORYSTAR! We would love to provide these kids with the music and programs that GloryStar has to offer. Roxtreme is a ministry with a heart for today’s youth and wants to provide a place where this generation can be encouraged, build friendships and grow into the awesome destiny God has for them. Please help us to do this!

More about Roxtreme at Roxtreme.com or Roxtreme.org

By-The-Way. If Roxtreme is chosen the two systems offered will actually be supplying TWO different ministries and two Christian families with GloryStar. Roxtreme shares property and some buildings with one family and the main church that supports Roxtreme (Blue Mountain Assembly) has a parsonage that would share the second system. Quad coverage.

Thanks for considering us! Thanks for what you do.

Last edited:
I do not see that the contest has closed, and our landline has been down since Friday, with only a few minutes of up time - so internet was also down.
The owner of The Christian Book store in townis setting up a youth center called "The Haven". It has games for the kids, and will have a skateboard park, possibly inside. It is the only safe outlet for the young people of Goldendale. I am willing to install it for them.

The other system would be used by "Pleasant Valley Victory Through Faith Center" a new ministry in the valley outside Goldendale with a plan to reach the hispanic population with the gospel. There are about 900 hispanics in the area with no outreach of any kind to them. This is still in the planning stages, but so far the idea is being very well receiived. I will also install this system.

:clap In a random drawing performed by a member of our staff we have chosen the submission by contestant # 7 .......................... Roxtreme to be the winner of the two complete Glorystar DVR1100c systems, free shipping and one free install.

Please contact us to provide the proof of the non-profit status for the organization and shipping address for the two systems. The equipment should arrive within 7 - 10 days and the install scheduled soon after the delivery.

Pick out the install location and find a good deal on a USB 2.0 external drive! :clap

Wow!

We don't know what to say.

Thank you! Thank you for allowing God to use you to be such an encouragement. Thank you for making the contest available and your generosity. Thanks for coming up with the system in the first place when there is such a need for non-filth entertainment... and better, God-centered outreach oriented gospel content.

Thank you from the kids... we have already made a few calls/messages to some of the kids... and they are excited!

Thank you from the volunteers! Many have a hard time trying to entertain the kids if a storm rolls up quickly. Some of the older ones don't seem t be comfortable with just being there for the kids, they feel they always need to do something and this will really help them out.

I don't know what to say, but we are really grateful and will put the system at Roxtreme to good use.

Bruce Bradford
Roxtreme
www.Roxtreme.org

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts