Contest - TWO Free GEOSATpro CK1 LNBFs, Clamps and US / Canadian Shipping

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have 7Ft dish, which does have a LNB due to a bad strom.....I'd would like to get Lnb to start all over on the C/Ku band sat!!

This would give me a GREAT excuse to get a C-band dish to see some of the c-band satellites and the feeds everyone else is enjoying......:D

Thanks for another fine contest..........:up

CK1 Contest

I would put the CK1 on my 1M Winegard to see what I can get and drive my wife nuts:D

I would put up the bud that is in the shed and fire up 4dtv if I got this lnb.

LNB's !!!!!

First....I will hook it upto an ECG to see if it has a heartbeat

Then....I will chant "lock..lock....lock....lock"

Then....5 short breaths, recheck for heartbeat

.......If that doesn't work, I will move it to a completely different location in the house and try again.

......After I have beaten a huge path into my hardwood floor, and cussing all the way......I will try again........

My dog will bark....the neighbours will think I'm loopy......and if all else fails I will kick, cuss and try again.

Then maybe....just maybe It will lock......

Most probably on a channel in a foreign language that I don't understand.....but I will be happy...happy....happy

Too sum it up.....

Waiting patiently for 4 weeks for my new equipment to show up in below freezing Canada

Tromping around in snow and sleet on my roof for 16hours, narrowly escaping death from falling...... too numerous times to count.

Looking at my dog who completely thinks I'm nuts....of course along with the neighbours on both sides of me...

Priceless$$$

How you will test or use this LNBF if you win?

I have had a 6' BUD sitting on the ground since I have moved. I'm currently having a mount made so I can turn this up. The old LNBF looks questionable and I would LOVE to have this one on my BUD instead. Here's hoping I win!

cool!

Nice giveaway!

I recently purchased a 1 meter 39.3 inch satellite dish with a motor. I have been wanting to try c band this dish and that is exactly what I would use this for! I am going to buy my family their gifts first, kids and wife first, of course, then If I can afford it I am going to get a c band lnb or a combo for my dish, if I can.

I will also be getting a 1.2 meter in the future as well, so I know for sure I can get some c band on that size dish.

Thanks and congrats to whoever wins this prize!

Well my analog subscriptions are gonna be discontinued. I can put this on my 7 1/2 Perfect 10
, save my Coolsat 5000 and will be up and running again.

Thanks for the contests.

How I Would Use the GEOSATpro CK1 LNBF

If I win, I would test the limits of dual band reception from the far north. From 65 degrees north, near the Arctic Circle I would install the feed on my 12 foot Paraclipse copy (U.P. Superior). The antenna is on a 20 foot free-standing mount, with an unobstructed, negative angle to the horizon across the arc.

I will use both a FTA receiver and 4DTV. The dish and feed will be carefully re-tuned, due to several years of non-use. The 36 volt, 18" actuator will be driven by a new dish positioner interfaced to my FTA receiver (once I pick one out), and switched to the 4DTV receiver for C band reception.

I have waited twenty years to become active in the FTA arena. Something else has always taken my time or my extra change. However, I'm now on a mission. I obtained an old 10ft. "Perfect 10 Dish" and a digital receiver. What a perfect way to start out by winning the dual C/KU LNBF.
I would not only test it on my 10 footer I would try to wear it out over the next 20 years.
Most of all, knowing me, I wouldn't quit talking about it until we were both worn out.

If I were to win this, it would be the catalyst to me getting off my duff and working on some equipment. I currently have a 10' and a7.5' dish both sitting on the ground waiting to be tossed on poles and put into service. Since I have only one new feedhorn/lnb laying in the garage, I've been less than motivated to choose which dish to put into service - with new equipment on the bench, it'd be time to get busy and get it done ;)

I will try to modify it so that I can use it at the center of my 1.2 Meter dish and receive C and Ku band with the highest signal quality (Instead of my current setup with the C-Band LNB offset from the center).

If I win, I'll put this on my 85cm dish and give a full report on the results. Hopefully that will inspire me enough to finally get a larger dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts