SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
GEOSATPROCK1.JPG
C-BANDLNBHOLDER.JPG

It is contest time again! TWO WINNERS will be selected for one LNBF each!

Simply reply to this thread and answer this question: How you will test or use this LNBF if you win?
Ends Monday Evening, December 1st, 2008 12 midnight PST

GEOSATpro has produced in cooperation with one of the World's leading LNB manufacturer an LNBF that simultaneously receives both C-band and Ku-band signals. C AND KU-BAND SATELLITE LNBF - SatelliteAV, LLC

Expand your viewing options with the ability to view programming from C-band and Ku-band satellites on one dish! Works with both analog and digital receivers. Perfect for 4DTV integration! Hundreds of additional digital signals are available on these two bands. Hobbyists report success with smaller 1.2 Meter dishes, but we recommend a 2.4M minimum dish size.

Includes standard scaler for 3 or 4 point prime focus mounting and a dielectric insert for reception of circular polarized signals.

An adapter mount is included for mounting on the GEOSATpro 1.2M offset dish (adaptable by the average SatelliteGuy for many types of dish mountings).
MOUNT FOR C-BAND LNBF - SatelliteAV, LLC

CKUback.jpg

Small print: All packages will be shipped by USPS or FedEx. If the winner do not respond to our SatelliteGuys PM notification within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the unit will be offered to another entry.

This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member in good standing with the exception of Satellite AV staff and members of their families. A random drawing of two winners will be made by a member of our staff on Tuesday 12/2/2008.

Well, let's see...
I'll put it on the 2nd 10 footer and run it up against the Corotor II on the 8 footer and the 621 on the other 10 footer...
Then switch 'em all around and do it again...
And, of course, I'd log all the quality levels for all the active transponders across the arc...
Ok, do I win? :)

possibilities

I want to try it on a small dish for grins.
I am actively pursuing a 6' Prodelin and think it would be great there.
I've got my feelers out for an 8½ foot Birdview not so far away.
And, I'm hoping to get my hands on a GeoSatPro 2.4 meter dish.

One or more of 'em will become home to the CK-1.

Here's the correct way to skew it, when aimed at your true south bird.

edit: but not much chance of me winning.
Who in their right mind would choose such a low number as #4 ? - :eek:

lnbf

I have several dishes to test that baby out on! But I suppose I would put it on the old reliable SAMI 10' just to see how close I am to tracking the KU birds (haven't tweaked that dish in 5-6years lol)

I don't wish to be considered for the contest but did want to wish everyone good luck on the contest and to say thanks to SatelliteAV for the contest & for being a Gold Sponsor

:) so good luck everyone

I would also try it out on a 90cm dish to see what I could pick up, but ultimately it would definitely be used on a C-band dish , my Birdview dish could be stationary at first and that would be the first step before doing anything else.

I would like to dedicate a dish @ 40.0 west for all the Circular South American stuff , that would be a great addition for my Mom along with her Hispasat channels.

Thanks Sat AV and Brian!

If I win this, it would go on the Birdview I am currently putting together as a replacement for one of my 1m primestar dishes...BRING IT ON! :up

I'd have to try it on the 39" dish just to see how the ku comes in, and if it will pickup anything on the c side. if that worked, then i'd probably have to go buy one for the 8' and work on the ku side of that..............

Just think, if I win this contest, I'll have to put my 8.5' Paraclipse into service to test this! I'd also run a test with my 1 meter Channel Master just for grins...

I would use experiment with it on a 1 meter dish, and then mount it on my 7and 1/2 foot dish that i am currently using with a geosat pro c/ku and compare the two.

would use it to experiment finding signals on my new 1.2 m dish. hope it warms up so i can put up my new dish. tnxs for letting me enter the contest.

Would put it on my existing 10' Perfect 10 mesh dish after the Birdview is up and running, if I land the 6' Prodelin I've been chasing I'd try it on there, also. :)

If I win this lnb I will test on a 36" dish to see if any Cband channels will come in for me. Even a couple c band channels would be a nice addition to what I now get on ku.

I would install it on my trusty Raydx 10.5' to take some of the weight off. Raydx was made before all of these fancy c/ku lnbs. Have to use guy wires to support and center now.

I will test it on a 36" oval dish to see what I can pull in on the C-Band. So far, my test has been Limited to KU band only. :(

install it on my 1.2 meter and spend the next 6 months looking for and asking questions on C-band Like i did figuring out the linear sats .
Thanks for the contest

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts