Continual and worsening 722 guide and schedule problems

My anomalies also cleared up last night. The DIRT team has issued an RMA but I am not sure if I want to swap out receivers now.

My anomalies also cleared up last night. The DIRT team has issued an RMA but I am not sure if I want to swap out receivers now.

Well, I'm sure! Fourth straight day of "No Info Available" and the nth of n+1 Check Switch reloads has done it for me. It is difficult to believe that this update exposed weaknesses in who-knows-how-many 722 HDDs, but I worked in the disk storage business for twenty years and I would never say never. Regardless, either the swap fixes my problem or I find a new provider!

Seems like your problem is by far the worst and I now concede Zach was probably right to begin with. Probably was a temporary glitch in the guide or guide download process messing up the rest of us.

As an expert, you might try the drive manufacturer's utilities on the disk and see what they say. Were you able to move your programs onto an EHD?

Seems like your problem is by far the worst and I now concede Zach was probably right to begin with. Probably was a temporary glitch in the guide or guide download process messing up the rest of us. As an expert, you might try the drive manufacturer's utilities on the disk and see what they say. Were you able to move your programs onto an EHD?

If this was my own equipment or if I had a serious financial investment in it I might do just that, but this isn't worth it to me. I dumped the programming I was interested in to one of my backup enclosures and am just waiting to see if the swap is the answer. As to the other failures ... I hope for all of your sakes you are right. On the other hand, my problems started with one per week, two per week ... until every day is now a "No Info Available" treat. We shall see ...

Just wanted to post back with confirmation that it appears it was indeed a failing 722 HDD at the root of my problems. To address my problem they sent me ... a *failed* 722. ;) Tech came out the same day with a brand spankin' new 722K and I am back in bidnezz once again. Nice machine, too! My sincere thanks to all who responded (and a special thanks to Zach)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)