Controlling one SG2100 from multiple receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
South Florida
Is there a standard way to control one SG2100 positioner with multiple receivers?

I am thinking of using 0/12 volt switches with a "simple dc control circuit" which would only allow one receiver at a time to have motor control. The 0/12 volt switches would access diseqc switches or the motor. The motor side of the 0/12 volt switches would connect with a standard splitter to the motor.

I have had a version of this working before, but using the diseqc switch (position 4) instead of a 0/12 volt switch. But I would like to have a fail safe method which does not rely on diseqc commands. Also the diseqc switch method did not have a way to lock out other receivers when one receiver had motor control.

Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.

I assume you would only be using one receiver at a time, moving the antenna would disrupt signal to any other receivers you might be using.

The best, unfortunately also the most expensive, solution would be a separate motor and dish for each individual receiver.

You could use the loop through on the master receiver to connect the slave receiver. However, one receiver needs to be off for the 2nd receiver to control the motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)