Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Cascade mentioned this newly released 'official' firmware in another thread. You can get it at this link:

CoolSat Firmware download page @CoolSatusa.com

Has anyone installed this yet?

Did it make AC3 audio work?

I'll be trying it when I get home from my vacation (Wed a the earliest!). My concern is that it says specifically 'reader' inthe firmware name which to me implies that it's for when you add the CAM SLOT.

If it adds AC3 audio functionality I will be one happy camper!

Cascade said:
I have it on my Coolsat, it's a waste of time, AC3 still doesn't work.
Going back to my old firmware.
Thanks for the info - even if it isn't what I wanted to hear.

Shawn

From what I have read there have been improvments made to the blind search section. Can someone have a look and verify that you can now set your range of scan, ie 11700-12200 for ku, etc. Info button now is supposed to show symbol rate where before it didn't?

If someone wouldn't mind comparing the new software scan speed to a Pansat 3500s I would really appreciate it. I plan on replacing my Ultra with one of these receivers soon.

Decided to answer my own question for a change. :)

I just tried the upgrade and yes, it does now have the SR. Hit the "Info" button twice to make it go from small to large display and it is listed after the frequency. I will have a comparison of the Coolsat and the Pansat 3500 coming out either today or tomorrow (I hope-working on it now) and I'll take a look at scan times with and without the upgrade.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Decided to answer my own question for a change. :)

I just tried the upgrade and yes, it does now have the SR. Hit the "Info" button twice to make it go from small to large display and it is listed after the frequency. I will have a comparison of the Coolsat and the Pansat 3500 coming out either today or tomorrow (I hope-working on it now) and I'll take a look at scan times with and without the upgrade.

I will definately have to update then. It is a pain to go to the PID scan screen to find the SR, when they could have put it right there on the info screen, glad they finally did it.

Did they change the "moving positioner" message so that it appears until the motor actually reached it's destination? I would perform the download if it did. Sometimes the "moving positioner" message appears on top of the tv and radio list boxes when performing a blind scan. This upsets me as well.

PopcornNMore said:
Did they change the "moving positioner" message so that it appears until the motor actually reached it's destination? I would perform the download if it did. Sometimes the "moving positioner" message appears on top of the tv and radio list boxes when performing a blind scan. This upsets me as well.

Yes they did! :D

Hi, thanks, i went to the other site u provided the coolsat one, it doesn't really say much, about how to update the firm were all it says is

this

The receiver is capable of implementing software taken from our website. To do so, first download the software onto your computer. The software can then be transferred to your receiver via the RS-232 port and a supplied data cable.

Never turn off the receiver during downloading. Any interruption during downloading will damage the flash ROM which will void the warranty. Please wait for the Receiver to reboot by itself even though your computer may say it is completed.

From this I understand My reciever has to be on, and it has to be hooked to the computer, through the provided cable. now my question is, the reciever does it also have to be connected to the tv?? sorry if this sounds stupid, but i want to try the new firmware, now, and just so i know for future reference, and i don't want to do some thing, that will damage, my reciever, so then

then i open the loader program which is STBTool V.1.5 and i go browse, and select the firmware file location, I guess i leave it on the port com1? or i saay auto detect, and i hit connect? if thats so, let me know, if not then let me also know. thanks

A.m

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)