Coolsat 7000 micro pvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
So I just got this receiver on Saturday. I got it for cheap at the flea market, I got it for $5. I only really got it because of the pvr. I already have a coolsat 5000 and this 7000 box is way different than my trusty 5000. I found the firmware on this site. The box had hacker software on it so I removed that firmware. When I go to blind scan it takes a long time to load the transponder data. Also does this box move the usals or 1.2 well? Because at times I do not think its moving, yet when I go back to my 5000 it works just fine.

You can shorten your scan times by telling it to only scan between 11700 and 12200 (assuming Ku-band, and a standard LNB.) Unfortunately you have to do this by hand every time.

The 7000 is like a Visionsat which was a really good receiver.

When you go into blind scan options what does it show for the start and end frequency? If it is 11700-12900 then do as Jim notes...set end to 12200. Saves lots of time :)

I will check tomorrow when I mess around with it again. One thing I see that is strange is that I am using a QPH31 lnb. So when I go to blind scan I set that as 10750, when I select that nothing will come on the screen regarding signal or quality level. Once I select single lnb 10750 the signal jumps to around 80%.

that is normal. When you go to blind scan the quality drops for some odd reason

But the QPH should be set for single & 10750

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)