Coolsat 8100 HD composite issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
For some reason, I can't get either the composite or S-video to output any sort of picture. I've checked EVERY setting I can think of in that thing. Anyone else experience this problem? HDMI is fine but does me no good in sending signal.

In case you wonder, I'm trying to run a SD feed of my 8100 (DVR purposes) to my other room. No such luck.

On my CS8000, all video ports are active all the time. I guess , in your position, I'd restore factory defaults, start over, and see if that helped . Maybe load some different firmware, If you're going to redo everything anyway, hoping to get the video back.
:(

my 8000 works fine. Used it yesterday to watch a HD football game via HDMI and record via composite outs...worked fine

all ports are active

I figured out the problem. I had to shut it off in the back of the unit. I've been having to do that quite a bit lately. I'm getting annoyed with that. Do you guys have that problem where you have to reboot it every now and then?

For some reason it fixes it when I reset it like that. Such an odd unit.

yep. If it get too warm it freaks out. I learned to keep mine in a spot where it can get a bunch of air

I knew I should've bought that cheap laptop cooler at the garage sale this past weekend! :rant:

Well...since warranties are pretty much dead on Coolsats, I guess I could open it up and add a cooling fan where it is needed.

The 8100 has one fan already, can you hear it running on your unit? If the fan stopped working that might explain recent behavior.

It runs...but how else could it be getting so hot? Unless if there isn't much air circulation where the thing sits. I'll have to make some changes. I had to unplug the analog receiver to reduce the heat.

I can hear the fan running when the 8100 is on it goes off when the receiver is shut down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.