Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well I hooked up a Universal today for the first time to the Coolsat 5000

Its a nice LNB but it doesn't play nice with the Coolsat when you blind scan. Now I enter the shortcut for the LO (Single/Standard 10600 22k on) but when I do a blind scan it defaults for frequencies

11550-12050

uh oh....KU high band is 11700-12200. If I say Universal it then says 10700-12275 but I don't want to wait for the scan to go through the low band. So I have 3 options

-change the frequencies every time I blind scan
-Switch them all to Universal
-go back to the .4 dual I had

I'm climbing back on the roof in about 5 minutes to change back to the Satandard :).

So just a FYI on Universals & Coolsats. My Fortec & Pansat are fine. They scan from 11550-12275

yeah, when I blind scan on the Coolsat, I pick the satellite and hit "scan"

On some sats, there is good feeds between 12.100 & 12.200 so I put the Dual Standard back on :)

I haven't noticed that and I've used a couple of universals on my 5000. (That doesn't mean it doesn't do it, I just haven't noticed it!)

But one thing I have had a problem with on the 5000... it refuses to work with a linear dual lnb. It just shuts itself off. I've used both the Invacom and a "megasat" cheapie. With switch, without switch, doesn't matter.

Works fine with a linear single, works fine with a circular dual or single.

huh. I've used a Linear Standard dual for a while now (I say a good 8 months) with no issues. Running a Coolsat 5000 and Fortec Classic off of it

I have a QPH031 and it's a dual linear as well as a dual circular. I have no problems with it. The Coolsat is also hooked to a dual .6 Coolsat lnbf, and it works well too.

Al

I have a Invacom QPH and a SNH working on my Coolsat 5000 with no problems, the SNH is attached to a 1m Winegard on G10R, the QPH is on a Geosatpro 90cm, neither has problems with the coolsat. The only problem I had was when the Coolsat was attached to a 22khz switch, with a 3.1m BUD (cband) attached to the 22khz side and the Universal (SNH) was attached to the non-22khz side, it would aways get the Cband signal. Replaced the 22 khz switch with a Diseqc and no more problems.

Jim

you cant use a Universal with a 22k switch since the UNiversal has the 22k built in :)

I noticed the Coolsat (6k) limits the scan range depending on the LNB type.

The 4k didn't do this. I used to scan in the DBS freqs with my universal LNB when I had my 4k Pro.

Hopefully it's corrected or at least optional in a future firmware release. It's kind of nice to not scan in the Nimiq stuff when scanning Galaxy 11 though.

Last edited:
that is the one advantage of being able to limit the frequencies :)

Standard LNB defaults to 11700-12200

voomvoom said:
I have a QPH031 and it's a dual linear as well as a dual circular. I have no problems with it. The Coolsat is also hooked to a dual .6 Coolsat lnbf, and it works well too.

Al

The QPH031 in not Universal, is the Coolsat lnbf Universal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)