Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
My polarity motor is giving trouble (it's about -20 here); goes to horizontal perfectly but won't go vertical (chatters and finally stops between the two polarities). Checked wiring, seems ok. Checked spare feedhorn on receiver, it works perfectly.
Worked ok before it got really cold out...
Think this is a cold related issue or is my motor just about dead?
Ultimately I hope I can fix this without going outside! :)
C.

You could try blowing a hair dryer on it warming it and see if it will move .
Check your wiring also. Make sure you have continuity on all three wires.

Truckracer,
Thanks for the response.
Kind of windy 2day to try the hairdryer thing. Afraid of breaking plastic LNB cover in the cold. Will do on a calm and hopefully warmer day. Wiring checks good but I would like to check continuity when someone is moving the wires between the post and dish where they flex to rule out an intermittent break.
The dish mover actuator works fine.

I see you have a Pansat 9200. How do you liker it? Do you have the add-on 8psk board?

C.

I do like it. I do have the s2 board and it works great. It won't blind scan 8psk however.(bummer).
It also gets my locals over the air digital and PTA hd
I imagine more features will be available in the future

Got it fixed. Re-did the motor wiring at the feedhorn to no avail. Had an old "Echostar" motor from a spare feedhorn kicking around so I switched the motor out, now works 100%. Chaparral motor has a bad rattle... Guess I should buy a new one so I have another spare.
Is there a good heavy duty version of this motor? The "Echostar" motor seems to be built much better than the Chaparral. Nothing comes up on google..
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts