Corotor with universal ku lnbf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Dsr922 12ft janiel C band 7.5 perfect 10 C- KU Band 6ft perfect 10 + another 7.5 ready to go

I have 90 acres and with satellite shops closing up in and around this area i have been picking up new and used dishes and equipment for free to ($50 new in box) ..so I have started a Dish farm as a Hobby

I have various systems on the farm in southeastern Ohio and now setting up another 7.5 perfect 10.
I am using a Corotor with a C band pll lnb and my question is I have a zinwell Universal ku band prime focus lnbf and it fits on the corotor with the waveguide i have.

Will this KU work with the corotor servo for switching the poloarity instead of useing the voltage to switch it,:confused: more or less setting up the system up as c-ku lnb even though the KU is a lnbf,

I have everything ready to go accept hooking up my feed horn and just wondering if this set up will work before i do this.

I know it sounds like i have a over kill of dishes here but 2 of my children moved back in:eek: and i am renovating a old barn into a house for myself :Dand giving them the house to stay in.
Thats why so many dishes so we all have systems for the up coming winter months

Thanks

Sounds great. The univeral should work if it will bolt up to the waveguide.
It will have a different LNB LO frequency. Usually they are 10600 mhz.

Yours could be different. I really don't know of any real advantage to having a universal lnb for satellites above the united states. Foreign countries use the extended part of the ku spectrum with universal lnbs.

You may lock something from Intelsat 9 or intelsat 805? maybe? If your line of sight to the East is low enough.

Sounds great. The univeral should work if it will bolt up to the waveguide.
It will have a different LNB LO frequency. Usually they are 10600 mhz.

Yours could be different. I really don't know of any real advantage to having a universal lnb for satellites above the united states. Foreign countries use the extended part of the ku spectrum with universal lnbs.

You may lock something from Intelsat 9 or intelsat 805? maybe? If your line of sight to the East is low enough.

Thanks
It will bolt up and the only reason i want top use this lnbf is i have it and its only a few months old, it just saves me from going out and buying another

Im wondering if a dsr922 will accept it because of the freq?
I have picked up 5 dsr922 so far for $50 two have problems but have found out the issues and its power supply issues on the one a bad board on the other so i can make one good one from these 2 so i have 4 dsr922 now
Thanks again

Thanks
It will bolt up and the only reason i want top use this lnbf is i have it and its only a few months old, it just saves me from going out and buying another

Im wondering if a dsr922 will accept it because of the freq?
I have picked up 5 dsr922 so far for $50 two have problems but have found out the issues and its power supply issues on the one a bad board on the other so i can make one good one from these 2 so i have 4 dsr922 now
Thanks again

Unless you are interested in the handful of transponders on some of the Eastern sats you will be much better served by using a regular WR75 flange LNB on your Corotor. The servo will still have to be moved to put the proper polarity signal in the waveguide, so you will actually be creating more problems. In addition your 922 will not work with the universal LNBF since the 922 is looking for a 10750 LO signal. If you are interested in a new PLL KU LNB for the Corotor I have some for sale, just look in the classifieds.

a universal LNB is only good for a DVB box...analog & 4DTV's dont play well with UNiversal LNB's :)

the 922 won't like a universal lnb because of the freq.

best option would be to mount leave the standard lnb connected and mount a universal off the side of the scaler.

EDIT: looks like i was a bit slow to respond :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts