correct mast size for 75e dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your right, sorta. A toroidal dish is only using part of the dish for a particular satellite location, but that is by design. I think someone here compared the performance of the T90 a while back and IIRR was slightly less than a 'normal' 90cm.
Multi LNBF's on a normal offset dish (and BUD's) use the whole dish, but in a less and less focused situation as the are displaced from the the focal point (the 'sweetest' sweet spot). So offset LNBF's would be more affected than the one at the focal point.
For an elliptical dish the best feed is the one that matches the dish. (That actually goes for all dishes) So yeah, the best would be an LNB and the 'funky' elliptical feed. You'll notice that Catamounts dual feed has longer waveguides (tubes) allowing them to be bent to fit 2 LNB's to get 4 degree separation. Post #47 Also note that the feeds are aimed at the center of the dish.
If considering dual satellite operation I'd think the dual starchoice LNB would be the way to go (4 degrees) post #47 & #50 (but I can't remember (the pictures of it) if your dish would accept it) (since Catamount is using one, maybe he's be willing to sell the one he's not using????) For the time being, I'd just get the single working and then 'go from there'. I've thought before results in the past and always seemed to slow progress.

What about this Toroidal dish where each LNB (or LNBF if you wish :biggrin ) illuminates area of the dish equivalent to 1m simple offset dish?
IMG_20150729_143909 (Large).jpg

Too bad they, Toroidal dishes, are NOT very common on this side of the pond. Probably because the 'typical' delivery method of TV via multiple satellites is DISH or DIRECTV. And their power levels are near European levels, if not more, thusly requiring much smaller dishes than true FTA.

Glover, I don't like typing so I'll make this one post to get your EagleAspen/feedhorn working. I have three 75E dishes (only one in use) and various feedhorns/lnbf's.

With the feedhorn/Eagle in place, set elevation to 37 (I believe dishpointer said). Set the skew on the dish to 109. Usually you will get the same quality within 4 degrees of skew.

Aim at the azimuth for your location. When I aim I have TV and receiver beside Me. This is a must! If no quality, it is possible you are one bolthole off. This means polarity's would be reversed.

Options: 1 Take lnb off and move one bolthole one way or the other (doesn't matter)
2 Edit transponder to opposite polarity; example 12115H to 12115V This is if your LNB probes are off 90 degrees

All this assumes the LNB is in working order.

Good Luck, Catamount.

Forget about more than two sats on this small dish. I have a one metre and is bare minimum for sats like 103 and 87 for me in Maritimes

Titanium has mentioned all this but I thought I would put it in one post. You might have missed some of what he told you

UPDATE:

The eagle aspen is junk. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT FUNCTION.. So.... I was sold a 30 + dollar item and with shipping almost 50 bucks. Expensive paperweight I must say. I am glad to say the frustration of trying to get it to work is over. Because I am not spending another second with that lnbf. I did however take a few picks of my temporary cheapo lnbf on this dish for now. I have decided to attempt a multi lnbf install. I ordered the parts last night.

Photo381.jpg Photo382.jpg

Bummer! Hope you will be refunded for the defective LNB.

If you remove the plastic cosmetic housing from the LNBF you will usually find a 23mm aluminum feedhorn throat that will perfectly fit the stock feedhorn clamp. This will correctly position the feedhorn opening at the correct height for the signal convergence (sweet spot). The elevation bracket readings will be accurate and LNBF positioned for optimal performance.

Good luck with the multi-satellite testing!

Bummer! Hope you will be refunded for the defective LNB.

If you remove the plastic cosmetic housing from the LNBF you will usually find a 23mm aluminum feedhorn throat that will perfectly fit the stock feedhorn clamp. This will correctly position the feedhorn opening at the correct height for the signal convergence (sweet spot). The elevation bracket readings will be accurate and LNBF positioned for optimal performance.

Good luck with the multi-satellite testing!
oh.... That is interesting. Never tore one apart. By the way the receiver you sold me does appear to be working, it just goes bonkers with the numbers after a while. Has a red blinking light in the inside that at night kind a drives me nuts but for the most part is working. I guess My questions on that would be this. What is the difference between this unit geosat hdvr3500 xbmc vs the android unit you are selling? Does it have xbmc? or Maybe use the same xbmc plug ins? I have not had the time to test this box further with all the dish issues, work ect. If you look closely at the last picture I uploaded you can see it sitting on the window ledge LOL

IIRR, as shown in your last picture in post #66, the skew would be 45 degrees(can't remember if that's + or -) that could have a big effect on a small dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.