Court of Appeals Upholds DISH Hopper Ruling — Again

....ON the VIEW the other day, I watched Sherri turn to the camera at the end of one of their yak fests and start doing a commercial live-complete with hokey music and text.....

Your posts are great, well thought out, but The View? :D

I've always hated that expression. If I can't eat my cake, then I don't even want it. Why even have cake if you can't eat it? I would just as soon eat your cake and not have any for myself, which I couldn't eat anyway. ;)

It basically means you can not hold onto (have) a cake if your eat it. It will be gone. In other words, you can not save it for later if you eat it now.

It basically means you can not hold onto (have) a cake if your eat it. It will be gone. In other words, you can not save it for later if you eat it now.

That makes a lot more sense. I still don't know how you can have any pudding if you don't eat your meat though.

:D I really love that line in the song.

I actually LIKE product placement. It's a creative and unobtrusive way to advertise. It also ads a sense of realism to the show when a familiar brand is shown.

I remember these Old Gold commercials from 1952, live television....

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad use to smoke Old Gold cigarettes. He'd always say "Old Gold, It's like taking a trip without leaving the farm."

"A treat instead of a treatment" eh? More likely "A treat that leads to treatments."

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I beg to differ!!My aunt made me a scrumptious pineapple upside down cake yesterday,I was eating a piece while cutting another!As a bonus,there's still some left for today!:D

Tell that to the networks. They're the one trying to get paid for retransmission fees AND commercials. That sort of double dipping is the epitome of having your cake and eating it too.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Um, it isn't just the broadcast networks doing it. Cable networks are much worse in the double-dipping game.

I know what it means...just pointing out how the literal meaning creates a logic flaw, which I tend to do every now and again. Speaking of logic flaw...doesn't 'now and again' create an issue in which one is stuck is an endless loop of the present...over, and over, and over, now and again? Yikes! ;)

I beg to differ!!My aunt made me a scrumptious pineapple upside down cake yesterday,I was eating a piece while cutting another!As a bonus,there's still some left for today!:D

OK, good. What's the address and is noon tomorrow good for you?

;)

Does fox even take into account to those watching live with the hopper?? They can't skip commercials because it's a live airing. Then you can't enable it until the next day anyways. Last is even if they get it taken away then people wi just use the skip button. Like it was previously posted here, if they want to take that away then they'd have to sue everyone.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Um, it isn't just the broadcast networks doing it. Cable networks are much worse in the double-dipping game.
Yes, but their origins aren't OTA and using the public airwaves on the one hand while demanding retransmission fees with the other. Not to mention that they do not enter into an autohop equation.

Other than those two things, I agree with your assessment, cable channel commercials are out of control and completely outside of how cable channels were envisioned decades ago. Sadly, I think that ship has sailed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts