Crappy GUIDES Again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Meh, could be worse, instead providing short, but very spoiling descriptions. Such as....

Sing - Wildly successful Open Call Extravaganza fails to save theater.
Star Wars V - The Empire Strikes Back (Mark Hamill) - Father and Son continue to battle for control of the Galaxy.
Citizen Kane (Orsen Welles) - A journalist investigates why a dying man's last words was the name of his sled.
LA Confidential (Guy Pearce) - Officer teams up with unlikely ally to take down their boss's secret empire.
Primal Fear (Richard Gere)- Teen fakes multiple personality disorder to get away with murder.
Wizard of Oz - Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again.

The only thing I see missing is information needed to set an accurate timer. I figure it's a feature. :mad:

Although sometimes it's right on even with suffixes for programming that has the same titles but are different editions. But it disappears before your done with the happy dance. Rinse, repeat . . .

Complaints should be directed to the source of the misinformation not the party who passed it on to you. Sheesh!
Nonsense. DISH is responsible to me for their end product. I pay them.

If your new car breaks down on the side of the road, do you complain to Ford or the third tier vendor who manufactured the balls which went into your wheel bearing?

Nonsense. DISH is responsible to me for their end product. I pay them.

If your new car breaks down on the side of the road, do you complain to Ford or the third tier vendor who manufactured the balls which went into your wheel bearing?
Just exactly does Dish have any authority over the channels on how they submit data to the guide provider? The guide is not an automobile or any other manufactured product. The villains lie down the line.

No comment on the etymology of "sheesh", but the meaning is clear to almost anyone.

Just exactly does Dish have any authority over the channels on how they submit data to the guide provider? The guide is not an automobile or any other manufactured product. The villains lie down the line.

No comment on the etymology of "sheesh", but the meaning is clear to almost anyone.
Let's cut to the chase. DISH once used a guide provider that had very good listings, seldom had errors. Then that provider raised its prices almost doubling them. So, DISH went with a less expensive provider who has a history of bad listings across many different television providers including TIVO. It appears that in the interest of saving money, as always, DISH is willing to give less than stellar results in yet another part of their business plan.

Is that provider still available? At a reasonable cost? And, how would that provider know more than the channels provide? Please don't forget the disruption all are going through with Covid.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Let's cut to the chase. DISH once used a guide provider that had very good listings, seldom had errors. Then that provider raised its prices almost doubling them. So, DISH went with a less expensive provider who has a history of bad listings across many different television providers including TIVO. It appears that in the interest of saving money, as always, DISH is willing to give less than stellar results in yet another part of their business plan.
Raising prices to get a better provider just creates another quagmire! Then people would be complaining (more) about prices.

What really gets me is when new shows/episodes come on but the guide lists them as old.
As an example, we record all new Price is Right episodes to watch later in the day and just found out that they started their new season this week and we didn't record any of them until today. BOO!

• Wow
Another issue with the Guide is “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” on Wednesday September 29 at 6:30 PM. It will not record with my series timer. It must be flagged as something different. I noticed it does not show up as New but even changing my timer to “New and Reruns” did not fix it. Hopefully they will get it fixed before Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Another thing that's getting old is the inconsistent method of listing episode numbers. Some series have "Episode xxx" listed for some episodes and "Season x, Episode y" listed for different episodes. Makes it hard to figure out whether you're missing any episodes!

Another thing that's getting old is the inconsistent method of listing episode numbers. Some series have "Episode xxx" listed for some episodes and "Season x, Episode y" listed for different episodes. Makes it hard to figure out whether you're missing any episodes!
I notice that the xxx are usually programs we have already seen that were originally listed as Sx-Epx when we first viewed them. Hard to keep track of them sometimes. Have you noticed that too?

I notice that the xxx are usually programs we have already seen that were originally listed as Sx-Epx when we first viewed them. Hard to keep track of them sometimes. Have you noticed that too?

Yeah, I think a lot of them are. Not sure if all of them though.

I see they are messing with the way programming is being listed again. So if my timer doesn't match, it doesn't get recorded.

Lov'in streaming. We're finding that the D¡SH recording of a program is more of an indication that it's time to hit TV or the app on whatever device and watching the program at anytime and in better quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)