Crazy Idea?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Since I'm setting this 3 1/2" pipe anyway, I was thinking about taking it to a plumbing shop and having them cut threads at the top. That way in the future if I decide to do away with the big dish I could sleeve it down to a 2" for a large KU dish. The large pipe pipe would give me great stability. I know there are adaptors that bolt on the side, but would this be better? I dont think the threads would interfere with the mounting of the large C-Band dish.

Anyway it was a thought. Anybody ever done this? Or is it just a waste of money?

Thanks
allen

sounds like a good idea to me, be warned......Once you have c-band, you will never want it to go away. You can put both c and ku lnbs or lnbf's on the big dish and have the best of both worlds.

Are you threading the inside, or the outside? If you're threading the outside, you're going to ruin the threads when you torque down the 4+ bolts in the mount.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with threads, and you'll not want to thread anything onto the pole anyhow - due to the chance of the threaded portion of the added post tightening/loosening under high winds. If you want to put a smaller post into the center of your 3 1/2 post, just put it there and give it a few good welds to hold it into place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts