Cricket World Cup 2011

Tempted to buy package. if you sign up do you get not only TV on Dish but streaming through Willow.tv. Also would like to know how much will be HD.

Only gives you access via dish network, nothing on willow.tv online. HD is included in $129 price.

Yep, thats why I am having a tough time trying to decide between the two options - Dish or willow.tv. Dish is HD, much better quality without fussing with connect computer to TV etc. Willow is better in that it has the Video scorecard - perhaps the best thing since sliced bread! Clicking one link (for each) shows you all the 4's, 6's and wickets on demand, video commentary for last few balls, ability to watch live and replays and video scorecards on iphone, PS3 and several other streamers. Would love to hear why others are leaning one way than the other?

Wish they had a package deal for both options - I would be all over it!

Willow also has 3mbps broadcast which will be close to HD when viewing via computer or other compatible gadgets. I tried trial package from willow for warmup games and it worked well on 3G network from iPhone as well.

Yep, thats why I am having a tough time trying to decide between the two options - Dish or willow.tv. Dish is HD, much better quality without fussing with connect computer to TV etc. Willow is better in that it has the Video scorecard - perhaps the best thing since sliced bread! Clicking one link (for each) shows you all the 4's, 6's and wickets on demand, video commentary for last few balls, ability to watch live and replays and video scorecards on iphone, PS3 and several other streamers. Would love to hear why others are leaning one way than the other?

Wish they had a package deal for both options - I would be all over it!

What channel is willow tv on dish

I bought the world cup on dish, just wondering what channel is the willow tv on dish, want to see odi warmup games before the world cup starts friday

Go India go.

I bought the world cup on dish, just wondering what channel is the willow tv on dish, want to see odi warmup games before the world cup starts friday

Go India go.

Its a PPV...so supposed to be on 455 channel range (exact channel I dont know). Check the guide in ur receiver for the mentioned channel range. dish will have the game in HD & SD

im not home right now, is the ceremony coming on multiple receivers.

i guess this should finally answer teh question - if the people with multiple receiver can respond.

The moderator was wrong .. it comes multipl receiver

The moderator, Matt, was wrong, he kept saying it is coming on one reciever, 10 csr's said it will come on all receivers, and yes the opening ceremony was amazing in hd and it did come in all my receivers, so my dad can watch as well as me.. Yesssssssssssssssssss thanks dish,

Guys 36 hours and the world cup begins, it is going to be awesome in hd. true bliss

I didn't even buy $129 cricket package and I was able to see ceremony live today morning on PPV channels 454 and 455. So I am not sure what's going on.

The moderator, Matt, was wrong, he kept saying it is coming on one reciever, 10 csr's said it will come on all receivers, and yes the opening ceremony was amazing in hd and it did come in all my receivers, so my dad can watch as well as me.. Yesssssssssssssssssss thanks dish,

Guys 36 hours and the world cup begins, it is going to be awesome in hd. true bliss

Now the question is this. On Saturday night there is a Kenya match that starts at 10:40 and a Canada match that starts the next morning at 3:00. The Canada is in HD but the Kenya is not because they overlap. Is there a possibility they will put the Kenya match on another HD Sports channel?

I've been watching on Willow and reading up online. Starting to get a decent handle on the game basics. The intricacies will take a bit longer. Now do I want to pay 129.00. I've watched Aussie football and love curling so lets do cricket.

Check this old link out from google web page cache regarding Cricket PPV purchase. Read straight to No. 18. I couldn't find any active link on dish confirming the same. Dish might have changed policy later.
Tech Portal : (choose receiver model) : Errors & Troubleshooting : PPV/DOD Ordering

Note: Cricket matches and tournaments are an exception to this rule. All PPV cricket orders will be authorized for the primary receiver only. Additional receivers may not be authorized under any circumstances. For DOD Movies on Demand, when ordering the same movie on multiple receivers, each movie will be charged.

Last edited:
Also the Opening Ceremony today was still part of a free preview, and that is in line with the purchase increasing on Saturday and not today.

England is playing Pakistan, that will be an amazing game, is it on Willow or Dish, just wondering and when.

I hope this multiple receiver is not true, becasue i got this because the rep sayd i would get it on all receivers, will make a big sting if its only one, that bait and switch, dish that is bull.... What is the problem, it is the same household, why don't they audit everyhousehold that get the cricket ppv before to make sure all the receivers in one household, i already have been audited 4 times, this is overkill, what are they afraid off, we are paying so much, plus my $250 a month bill, this is not the way to treat a customer.

I bought the Cricket WC package online for $129 a week back. Today I called DishNetwork as I wasn't able to schedule recording on 2nd reciever for tonight's game (IND vs BANG).. After a while the CR said this particular PPV event was broadcasted only on primary reciever. I told him that I was not aware of it and this information was missing while you order online. Also, I cannot watch the games in the living room (primary reciever location) all the times... its inconvenient. If DishNetwork has a fear of piracy why can't they have means to trace them and identify that it belongs to a household ? I talked to their loyalty department.. and cancelled the package (they put me a hold for sometime to finally agree to give me refund)....
I have Roku HD receiever which I can connect to any tv... so I am good with Willow.tv .. Good bye to Dish Network..

Interesting. Have you bought the willow.tv package already? If so, can you confirm the quality of that through Roku - how it compares to Dish HD (if you saw that). Gotta make a decision by tonight what I am buying, so this will be helpful

I do not want any confusion on this issue. Matt is correct and the Cricket World Cup 2011 will only be authorized on the primary receiver for any account. This has always been our policy regarding Cricket. It is on free preview right now and that is why several TV's will display it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)