CSI: Cyber

Well I watched it, not the best episode, but I watched it to the end, which I didn´t for the previous one.

I think that Ryan (Arquette´s character) gained some pounds during the summer.

Well I watched it, not the best episode, but I watched it to the end, which I didn´t for the previous one.

I think that Ryan (Arquette´s character) gained some pounds during the summer.
MORE POUNDS??? She looked like a fat sausage stuffed in a small bun last year. This year she grew her hair out more to balance her bottom end ,but yes, she looks like she put on even more weight. Must of celebrated her Oscar win a little too much, earlier in the year.

Last week it aired its entirety here, started about a half an hour late though. Another dumb episode. I'm thinking after this week I'm going to dump it, just curious to see what they'll do for Halloween. With ratings continuing to drop and it already being in one of the worst time slots, not sure what other choice CBS has but to let it bleed and die. I think they have too much pride in to CSI franchise to just pull it with no warnings.

I really *want* to like this show but it is almost painful to watch. What a shame to see the CSI franchise likely end like this.

It´s in a terrible time slot, football overruns will push it back or in some cases will not allow it to be aired, as it has happened with previous shows in the same time slot.

The only exception to the Sunday football overruns has been the Good Wife. That show has continued to stay in the ratings even with all the moves in time slots. CSI Cyber is doomed. I knew when they moved Ted Danson to the show they were trying to balance out Patricia Arquette with some CSI credibility from the original CSI shows ,but it is doomed. The show is not as good as it should be. I missed it entirely last week and I didn't really miss it. Soon I will probably stop watching it entirely.

Last edited:
Even though this how was renewed for a second season, I wouldn´t bet on it living on to a third one.

I know the time slot is one of the things that brought The Mentalist to an end.

I´ll try to enjoy it while it lasts, maybe this show will soon bring the whole end of the CSI era.

Even though this how was renewed for a second season, I wouldn´t bet on it living on to a third one.

I know the time slot is one of the things that brought The Mentalist to an end.

I´ll try to enjoy it while it lasts, maybe this show will soon bring the whole end of the CSI era.

I still laugh that they call this CSI. But so far this season has not impressed.

I guess I´m still watching it with a morbid sense. to see if Arquette will smile or laugh.

I´m more interested in finding out why the black hat guy who used to wear vest and tie all the time is now only wearing t-shirts, than in the plots themselves.:rolleyes:

I watch this on an East feed and the show has been pushed now to start at 10:34 PM.
I´ll watch it just because I´m on MT time, but a show like this that doesn´t have a definite time slot, will not last long in my list.

Couple of weeks ago I was watching it live, but during commercials I found an interesting PBS documentary, I didn´t flip back to watch the end of CSI Cyber, and I didn´t care :D

As sad as it sounds, in my opinion this was one of the better episodes. It was still really stupid though. To me, it had a Criminal Minds feel to it, not a CSI:Cyber feel. With no new episodes of my Sunday night shows on Fox, I'll give CSI:Cyber another week.

Ted Danson's character still adds nothing to the show.

Thank God!

I like Jerry Bruckheimer, but I really wish some of his other series outside of the CSI franchise would have taken off. The Eleventh Hour, The Forgotten, Dark Blue, Miami Medical and Chase were all excellent shows that I thought had potential but only lasted one season. Miami Medical was like a CSI-ified medical drama, but the other four series were easily better than the entire series' of CSI:Miami, CSI:Cyber and the later seasons of the original CSI. I also liked Close To Home, the first season anyway and Cold Case. Hostages was pretty good also, but designed to be a one and done. Not to mention he has one of my favorite movies of all time staring Nick Cage, and two hot ladies, Angelina Jolie and Eleanor.

These CSI shows are about as fake as you can get with terrible to downright pathetic acting. This is why I have come to disdain network TV so much. You have one successful show, and it creates a ton of spin-offs, they are cookie cutter and around long past their welcome, and good shows are axed. The network shows that I grew up with in the mid-late '90s, NYPD Blue, Chicago Hope, Third Watch, were good enough to stand on their own without having 3 or 4 iterations of each.

Was Law & Order one of the first shows that started the trend of the same show in different flavors ?

I don´t remember such thing before that, and now it´s all over TV, the CSIs´the NCISs the Chicago´s. and on and on....

L&O was probably one of the first franchised shows. Unique spinoffs (which I have no problems with) have been around forever.

All in the Family -> Maude, The Jeffersons, Archie Bunker's Place
Cheers -> Fraiser
Buffy -> Angel
Beavis & Butthead ->Daria, King of the Hill

None of the these spinoffs are as cookie cutter as their parent show as the Law & Orders and CSIs are to their parents. Never watched any of the NCIS shows or the Dick Wolf Chicago shows, but the NCIS shows all look to be the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts